Default delta industrial cabinet saw vs unisaw

Can anyone explain the difference between the Delta cabinet saws, such
as the 36-730, and the Unisaw? I haven't been able to find enough info
to answer this myself. They seem to be the same basic saw, although
the 36-730 does not have a Beismeyer fence. The price difference is
about $700.
Unisaw A100

melbjer wrote:
Can anyone explain the difference between the Delta cabinet saws, such
as the 36-730, and the Unisaw? I haven't been able to find enough info
to answer this myself. They seem to be the same basic saw, although
the 36-730 does not have a Beismeyer fence. The price difference is
about $700.

The general guts of the machine/the interior parts and
pieces are the same from one saw to the next. There are
some cosmetics like one casting sitting next to the other
might be more squared or more rounded. Generally the Unisaw
castings "look" better/have the look they've always had.

The real difference is with the motor bracket and arbor on
the Industrial saw. With this saw you are no longer married
to the Delta proprietary motor mount (the two heavy gage
metal ears) and when the motor craps out (1) you only need
to find one of the same frame (56?) and you're back in
service.

The arbor on the new saw is removable. In the past this was
done with the Delta 12/14 saw and different diameter and
length arbors were/are available for that saw. With the
Industrial I suspect it was done just maybe so they could
sell a short arbor on the EuroMarket (people of the EC are
afraid of dado set ups). I have not seen where replaceable
arbors are being sold by Delta so it's speculation.

The T2 Fence in my humble opinion looks like a Biesemeyer
with a long over due feature of removable faces.

One feature of the Industrial saw that I don't think will go
over too well is the position of the blade in the table. It
puts the blade right next to the opening making the insert
something that has the edge let out. In other words, a
traditional zero clearance insert isn't possible.

Lastly, it is the death knell of the Unisaw.

(1) To the best of my knowledge the motor on the Industrial
saw is Chiwainese or at least it has "the look" and motor
replacement might be something you'll be doing sooner than
later.

UA100, still running an I/R on his 65 year old Unisaw and
the motor doesn't even know it's old...