Posted to rec.woodworking
Jonathan Sachs

Default ISO ornamental nails for a walking stick

I'm trying to replace some ornamental nails which attached an
inscribed ring to my father's walking stick. We still have the ring,
but the nails worked their way out and are lost.

The nails were about 3/8" long and 1/32" thick. They had dome heads
which were about 3/32" wide and were a dull silvery color, about like
pewter.

I've searched the web, but I can't find anything similar. The closest
thing I found was upholstery nails, which are available with dome
heads, but the heads are much too large.

Any suggestions? Someone, somewhere must make hardware like this!

My email address is LLM041103 at earthlink dot net.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self

Check out http://www.tremontnail.com/

They have rosehead nails. You may need to cut the shank to shorten it.
They are steel, and, I think, the heads are smaller than upholstery
nail heads. They are rose head, though, not dome, and, being steel,
might rust.

Good luck.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Gerald Ross

Jonathan Sachs wrote:
I'm trying to replace some ornamental nails which attached an
inscribed ring to my father's walking stick. We still have the ring,
but the nails worked their way out and are lost.

The nails were about 3/8" long and 1/32" thick. They had dome heads
which were about 3/32" wide and were a dull silvery color, about like
pewter.

I've searched the web, but I can't find anything similar. The closest
thing I found was upholstery nails, which are available with dome
heads, but the heads are much too large.

Any suggestions? Someone, somewhere must make hardware like this!

My email address is LLM041103 at earthlink dot net.

Escutcheon nails have domed heads, are different lengths and I've seen
them in brass and brass plated steel. Might be a place to start looking.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

He ended the job as he began it; fired
with enthusiasm.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bugs

Try your local upholstery shop. They use a lot of ornamental nails on
furniture.
Bugs

Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

"Jonathan Sachs" wrote in message
I'm trying to replace some ornamental nails which attached an
inscribed ring to my father's walking stick. We still have the ring,
but the nails worked their way out and are lost.

The nails were about 3/8" long and 1/32" thick. They had dome heads
which were about 3/32" wide and were a dull silvery color, about like
pewter.

I've searched the web, but I can't find anything similar. The closest
thing I found was upholstery nails, which are available with dome
heads, but the heads are much too large.

Any suggestions? Someone, somewhere must make hardware like this!

My email address is LLM041103 at earthlink dot net.

Try this one:
http://www.horton-brasses.com/products/nails