Rusty

Default corrugated flat-tip nails for larch fence panels

I need to do some creative carpentry to fit openings in a larch lap panel to
go around a tree which is obstructing it near the top and bottom. I can get
the matching wood parts of exactly the right size and can probably recover
some nails by getting a new open trellis fence top 6'x2' and dismantling it.
But where can more nails be sourced. These are bronzed corrugated 25mm x
2mm approx with flat tips instead of a point. Conventional types of nails
with points always split the thin panel strips, and do severe damage to the
thicker structural bits of wood as well. No nails like this are to be had
in the sheds or at Screwfix.
The last resort is to use wood screws, which look a bit naff.

thanks

rusty

Rusty wrote:
[...]

why dont you give us a pic, sounds odd to me. I half wonder if theyre
corrugated fixings rather than nails. Scrwefix do those.

NT

Rusty

rusty

why dont you give us a pic, sounds odd to me. I half wonder if theyre
corrugated fixings rather than nails. Scrwefix do those.

here's a picture (after long pause to charge camera batteries.). The fence
panel is just from the local Focus DIY.
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/rustypage/nail.jpg

these items slice through the wood like butter and there seems to be
non-removal tag to stop them coming out.

rusty

Rusty

wrote in message
ups.com...
Rusty wrote:

rusty

why dont you give us a pic, sounds odd to me. I half wonder if

theyre
corrugated fixings rather than nails. Scrwefix do those.

here's a picture (after long pause to charge camera batteries.).

The fence
panel is just from the local Focus DIY.
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/rustypage/nail.jpg

these items slice through the wood like butter and there seems to be
non-removal tag to stop them coming out.

rusty

these are close but have points, which is the problem. The wood is so
fragile that it splits as the point goes in. But I could use these after
filing the ends off, depending how hard they are.

rusty

Rob Morley

In article , "Rusty"
says...

rusty

why dont you give us a pic, sounds odd to me. I half wonder if theyre
corrugated fixings rather than nails. Scrwefix do those.

here's a picture (after long pause to charge camera batteries.). The fence
panel is just from the local Focus DIY.
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/rustypage/nail.jpg

these items slice through the wood like butter and there seems to be
non-removal tag to stop them coming out.

Annular ring shank nails - the bits hanging off are just where they
were wired together in a strip to feed into a nail gun.