Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

Default ISO ornamental nails for a walking stick

"Jonathan Sachs" wrote in message
I'm trying to replace some ornamental nails which attached an
inscribed ring to my father's walking stick. We still have the ring,
but the nails worked their way out and are lost.

The nails were about 3/8" long and 1/32" thick. They had dome heads
which were about 3/32" wide and were a dull silvery color, about like
pewter.

I've searched the web, but I can't find anything similar. The closest
thing I found was upholstery nails, which are available with dome
heads, but the heads are much too large.

Any suggestions? Someone, somewhere must make hardware like this!

My email address is LLM041103 at earthlink dot net.

Try this one:
http://www.horton-brasses.com/products/nails