Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default Don't E-mail Me, I'll E-mail You

Got another e-mail today, in response to a post I made. I'll tell
you all yet once again - if you have a reply to a post, then make it in
the appropriate thread, don't e-mail me. ESPECIALLY, don't send me an
e-mail and don't bother stating it's by e-mail only - that's very rude.

There is a small number of people on the group I don't mind e-mails
from. They know who they are. If you're not sure if you're in that
group, chances are you aren't.

JOAT
You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear".
What do you "know"?
- Granny Weatherwax

Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen

J T wrote:
Got another e-mail today, in response to a post I made.

I'll admit publicly that it was me. I did so because I felt my comment
was not strictly on-topic for the group, and dealt specifically with
your posts.

I'll tell
you all yet once again - if you have a reply to a post, then make it in
the appropriate thread, don't e-mail me.

Given that not everyone knows about this preference of yours, perhaps
you might consider putting it in your sig so it shows up on every post?

ESPECIALLY, don't send me an
e-mail and don't bother stating it's by e-mail only - that's very rude.

As I mentioned privately, the message headers indicated that it was an
email and not copied to the group.

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike W.

Sorry if this sounds like I'm being an ass, Im not. I enjoy your
posts... but why use your email address if you don't want emails?

Do what I do. Betcha can't email me.

Mike W.

J T wrote:
Got another e-mail today, in response to a post I made. I'll tell
you all yet once again - if you have a reply to a post, then make it in
the appropriate thread, don't e-mail me. ESPECIALLY, don't send me an
e-mail and don't bother stating it's by e-mail only - that's very rude.

There is a small number of people on the group I don't mind e-mails
from. They know who they are. If you're not sure if you're in that
group, chances are you aren't.

JOAT
You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear".
What do you "know"?
- Granny Weatherwax

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article , Mike W.
wrote:

Sorry if this sounds like I'm being an ass, Im not. I enjoy your
posts... but why use your email address if you don't want emails?

It's simple. JOAT wants to be ignored, but hates it when he doesn't get
any attention.

Do what I do. Betcha can't email me.

He may not be able to, on webtv. Which is probably why he stays with it.

;-)

mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. "
-- Gene Spafford, 1992
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

J T wrote:

Got another e-mail today, in response to a post I made. I'll
tell
you all yet once again - if you have a reply to a post, then make
it in the appropriate thread, don't e-mail me. ESPECIALLY, don't
send me an e-mail and don't bother stating it's by e-mail only -
that's very rude.

Geez dude... it's just an email... get a grip. Long before there was a
WebTV everyone emailed everyone else about whatever the hell they
wanted. This was before "make $5,000 by 5pm" and "double the size of
your unit by 6pm" and "Dr Bungholi from Nigeria seeks your assistance
because he heard you were a man of worthy reputation". Back then we
were just damn happy to hear from people.

So, if someone from the group sends you an email that you're not
interested in dealing with... try this... just delete it :-)
Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

I almost forgot. Besides having a WebTV, things I do not have,
include:
A cell phone.
An answering machine.
An IPod.or whatever the Hell it is.
A digital camera.
A satellite dish.
A stereo..
Any other of those irritating little gadgets.
A welcome mat.
A guest room.
A portable CD player.
A telephone in my truck.
A suit.
More than one pair of shoes.

And, I don't care.

JOAT
You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear".
What do you "know"?
- Granny Weatherwax

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

J T wrote:
I also discard about half of the e-mail from my mother also. But,
when I do reply to her, I'm polite.

My mother died last year at Christmas. I don't know what I would do if I
received an email from her.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Posted to rec.woodworking
Kevin Craig

All the other replies so far have been cool, and adressed the subject.

So, let me just say this: JOAT is cool. WebTV sucks. How someone is
able to find and post such great plans, yet be stuck in a sub-par
operating system, escapes me.

Kevin
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

J T wrote:
I also discard about half of the e-mail from my mother also.
But, when I do reply to her, I'm polite.

My mother died last year at Christmas. I don't know what I would
do if I received an email from her.

If I'm remembering correctly, there's an Internet service where you
can send yourself (or whoever) a delayed email. Submit the email and
when you want it delivered... in six months, a year, maybe longer.

What if she sent one of those? Just be sure you don't discard it and
if you do reply, be polite ;-)

Joe Barta

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Kevin Craig wrote:

All the other replies so far have been cool, and adressed the
subject.

So, let me just say this: JOAT is cool. WebTV sucks. How someone
is able to find and post such great plans, yet be stuck in a
sub-par operating system, escapes me.

Kevin

Well first, calling WebTV an "operating system" is like calling a peep
show "getting laid".

That said, he's happy with what he has. It suits his purposes and it's
not "sub par" anything. If I want to drill a hole and a $15 hand drill
does the job for me and I'm happy with it, why would I want to go out
and buy a drill press? If ever he wants to do more, or break past the
limitations of WebTV I'm sure he'd dig deep and buy a shiny new
'puter.

Joe Barta
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Gorman

J T wrote:
I almost forgot. Besides having a WebTV, things I do not have,
include:
A cell phone.
An answering machine.
An IPod.or whatever the Hell it is.
A digital camera.
A satellite dish.
A stereo..
Any other of those irritating little gadgets.
A welcome mat.
A guest room.
A portable CD player.
A telephone in my truck.
A suit.
More than one pair of shoes.

And, I don't care.

JOAT
You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear".
What do you "know"?
- Granny Weatherwax

Everyone needs more than one pair of shoes, or footwear, st least. Just
in case you step in something that shouldn't have been there.
Joe
with kids that bring dogs to visit.
Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH

J T wrote:
Got another e-mail today, in response to a post I made. I'll
tell you all yet once again - if you have a reply to a post, then
make it in the appropriate thread, don't e-mail me.

Considered munging?

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

"J T" wrote in message
I almost forgot. Besides having a WebTV, things I do not have,
include:
A welcome mat.
A guest room.
JOAT

Damn, now I have to change my vacation plans.
Ed

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .

Well first, calling WebTV an "operating system" is like calling a peep
show "getting laid".

ROTFLMAO...... What's "Getting Laid"???

Posted to rec.woodworking
Pop

LOL!
---
No, I won't get dressed.
I'm retired!

Pop

"J T" wrote in message
: I almost forgot. Besides having a WebTV, things I do not
have,
: include:
: A cell phone.
: An answering machine.
: An IPod.or whatever the Hell it is.
: A digital camera.
: A satellite dish.
: A stereo..
: Any other of those irritating little gadgets.
: A welcome mat.
: A guest room.
: A portable CD player.
: A telephone in my truck.
: A suit.
: More than one pair of shoes.
:
: And, I don't care.
:
:
:
: JOAT
: You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear".
: What do you "know"?
: - Granny Weatherwax
:

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 15:00:12 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

Got another e-mail today, in response to a post I made. I'll tell
you all yet once again - if you have a reply to a post, then make it in
the appropriate thread, don't e-mail me. ESPECIALLY, don't send me an
e-mail and don't bother stating it's by e-mail only - that's very rude.

There is a small number of people on the group I don't mind e-mails
from. They know who they are. If you're not sure if you're in that
group, chances are you aren't.

JOAT
You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear".
What do you "know"?
- Granny Weatherwax

Lordy, I do love this thread when it pops up again.

It is a sidereal phenomenon and is a precursor to the sure arrival of
another Robin's Butt thread.

I always enjoy those, too.

JOAT is a mainstay of the Wreck and, since he will not say it himself,
I will inform you that folks from his neck of the Carolinas only need
one pair of shoes - because they only wear shoes during the coldest
part of the year.

This would be from January 15 to March 1.

It would not be unlikely for a man to have one pair of shoes that he
used from the time of his birth until his inevitable insertion into
the Pineywood box.

That is why only size elevens are sold in that area. They are a tad
hard on the younguns but have a better's chance of being right on the
back end.

(watson - who has emailed JOAT but only in response - as he is a
respectful man.)

(watson - who is looking forward to the inevitable Robin's Butt
thread, even though Robin is getting along in years.)

Tom Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking
Olebiker

Tom Watson wrote:
(watson - who is looking forward to the inevitable Robin's Butt
thread, even though Robin is getting along in years.)

Are you kidding? At my age, she is still a sweet young thing. At my
age Katie Couric is still a sweet young thing.

Dick Durbin

Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 1/4/2006 10:29 PM Mike W. mumbled something about the following:

J T wrote:
Got another e-mail today, in response to a post I made. I'll tell
you all yet once again - if you have a reply to a post, then make it in
the appropriate thread, don't e-mail me. ESPECIALLY, don't send me an
e-mail and don't bother stating it's by e-mail only - that's very rude.
There is a small number of people on the group I don't mind e-mails
from. They know who they are. If you're not sure if you're in that
group, chances are you aren't.

Could be the fact that he's using webtv? I don't know much about it
nowadays, but you used to not be able to change your From: on webtv.

--
Odinn - wondering if he can set up his TiVo sorta like a webtv.
Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn

J T wrote:

Thu, Jan 5, 2006, 8:02pm (Tom Watson) who stumbled
in and spake thusly:
Lordy, I do love this thread when it pops up again. snip I will
inform you that folks from his neck of the Carolinas only need one pair
of shoes - because they only wear shoes during the coldest part of the
year. This would be from January 15 to March 1.snip
That is why only size elevens are sold in that area. They are a tad hard
on the younguns but have a better's chance of being right on the back
end. snip

Close, but no ceegar. My present pair of shoes are actually size
13 wide wide. That's because my usual size, 8 1/2 EEEE was unfindable,
and the 13s were the only size I could find that were wide enough. I
got them in about 1997, and they're not very warn at all. They're only
worn outside, they're not house shoes. I'm thinking of buying another
pair tho, and store them, in case these wear out.

I had a cousin who lived in Willow, Alaska. Our family has a reunion
every two years. Many years ago, it was held in Sacramento, CA and his
two requirements were that I find a joint with Coors beer on tap and a
big man's store. He was a rather large person with 5 1/2 EEEEE shoe
size. One smartass offered to sell him the boxes. We finally found
something close in an Army surplus store. They were work shoes but were
black and had laces. He bought the last two pairs they had. The Coors
acually tasted good after that.
mahalo,
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Watson wrote:

Lordy, I do love this thread when it pops up again.

It is a sidereal phenomenon and is a precursor to the sure arrival of
another Robin's Butt thread.

I always enjoy those, too.

Tom, Are you referring to Robin Hartyl's butt?

(watson - who is looking forward to the inevitable Robin's Butt
thread, even though Robin is getting along in years.)

I don't mind a little gray haired gal with a perfect behind. Did I
happen to mention that,, I LOVE YOU ROBIN HARTYL !!! PLEEEEEEEEEASE
!!!

Tom in KY, Hey, can you really blame me? PLEEEEEEASE ROBIN, YOU KNOW I
LOVE YOU !!! Just answer 1 phone call and drop the restraining order
and maybe you'll start to love me too! :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Kevin Craig

In article , jo4hn
wrote:

He was a rather large person with 5 1/2 EEEEE shoe
size.

You mean there's ANOTHER one? I thought my brother in law was the only
person in the world wearing 5-1/2 EEEEE shoes. His feet are *square*.

Kevin
Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

J T wrote:
Got another e-mail today, in response to a post I made. I'll tell
you all yet once again - if you have a reply to a post, then make it in
the appropriate thread, don't e-mail me.

I also dislike getting a reply via the group AND email.

BTW, since you don't have a cell phone, I have a really nice cell phone,
along with a tab picked up every month by my boss.

It's yours for the asking! G

Barry