Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodworking Magazine Index

Have you ever wondered where in the world was that article you read
many years ago? Which issue? Which magazine? Now there's a good chance
you can find it using this free magazine index of over 15,000 indexed
articles. It's free to sign up. You can check it out he
www.woodworkingmagazineindex.com. Hope you find it helpful.

-Rick

Posted to rec.woodworking
Wood Butcher

OK it's free so I signed up. This gives me an "Index"
tab to search from. Closed the window.
Tried to access site again and no "index" tab, it wants
me to sign up again.
No thanks.

Art

wrote in message
oups.com...
Have you ever wondered where in the world was that article you read
many years ago? Which issue? Which magazine? Now there's a good chance
you can find it using this free magazine index of over 15,000 indexed
articles. It's free to sign up. You can check it out he
www.woodworkingmagazineindex.com. Hope you find it helpful.

-Rick

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Wood Butcher" wrote in message
OK it's free so I signed up. This gives me an "Index"
tab to search from. Closed the window.
Tried to access site again and no "index" tab, it wants
me to sign up again.
No thanks.

You can simply put "A" in all the blanks and get in.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Artherholt

Wood Butcher wrote:
OK it's free so I signed up. This gives me an "Index"
tab to search from. Closed the window.
Tried to access site again and no "index" tab, it wants
me to sign up again.
No thanks.

Art

wrote in message
oups.com...

Have you ever wondered where in the world was that article you read
many years ago? Which issue? Which magazine? Now there's a good chance
you can find it using this free magazine index of over 15,000 indexed
articles. It's free to sign up. You can check it out he
www.woodworkingmagazineindex.com. Hope you find it helpful.

-Rick

The following is on the page with the index tab:

Be sure to bookmark this page, otherwise you'll need to go through the
Sign-up page to get here. Hope you enjoy and please pass the word to
your friends or forums where you hang out. Feedback is always appreciated.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Bud

Jim Artherholt wrote:
Wood Butcher wrote:
OK it's free so I signed up. This gives me an "Index"
tab to search from. Closed the window.
Tried to access site again and no "index" tab, it wants
me to sign up again.
No thanks.

Art

wrote in message
oups.com...

Have you ever wondered where in the world was that article you read
many years ago? Which issue? Which magazine? Now there's a good chance
you can find it using this free magazine index of over 15,000 indexed
articles. It's free to sign up. You can check it out he
www.woodworkingmagazineindex.com. Hope you find it helpful.

-Rick

The following is on the page with the index tab:

Be sure to bookmark this page, otherwise you'll need to go through the
Sign-up page to get here. Hope you enjoy and please pass the word to
your friends or forums where you hang out. Feedback is always appreciated.

Then there's no reason to sign up. Just post the link with the index
tab.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

"Larry Bud" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Have you ever wondered where in the world was that article you read
many years ago? Which issue? Which magazine? Now there's a good chance
you can find it using this free magazine index of over 15,000 indexed
articles. It's free to sign up. You can check it out he
www.woodworkingmagazineindex.com. Hope you find it helpful.

Since the webmasters have no clue how to program, just go to the index
and screw the spam collector.

http://www.woodworkingmagazineindex....dex_search.asp

There you go. He does the work of indexing 15,000 entries, supplies a free
link, and you say, "Screw him, it ain't perfect and he's a spam collector."

Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Bud

Charles Self wrote:
"Larry Bud" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Have you ever wondered where in the world was that article you read
many years ago? Which issue? Which magazine? Now there's a good chance
you can find it using this free magazine index of over 15,000 indexed
articles. It's free to sign up. You can check it out he
www.woodworkingmagazineindex.com. Hope you find it helpful.

Since the webmasters have no clue how to program, just go to the index
and screw the spam collector.

http://www.woodworkingmagazineindex....dex_search.asp

There you go. He does the work of indexing 15,000 entries, supplies a free
link, and you say, "Screw him, it ain't perfect and he's a spam collector."

There's no other reason for him to collect names and email addresses
other than to send spam. He doesn't save preferences and he doesn't
create a login.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Everyone's comments have been interesting. At least you're taking
interest in a heck of a lot of work to maintain this thing. Let me
clarify a couple things . . .

1) Yes, you are right. Simply post the link to the search page and
viola! No need to sign up. It's not that the webmaster (me) doesn't
know what he's doing . . . it's more a testament to the fact that I
really, honest to goodness, don't care to spam, otherwise I would have
gone further out of my way to make the access more bullet proof. Plus,
you'll note that there is no email confirmation step required, further
proof that I really don't care to make money off of spamming anyone.
Heck, half the people put in nonsense when they sign up anyway.

2) The sign-up page is left over from when it WAS bullet proof and
there was a cost to use it. To remove it would require redoing
graphics, some reprogramming, and I don't care to do anything more with
it other than keep it up to date, which is a sizeable task by itself.

3) Periodically, I'll take a brief look through the sign-up database to
see where people are coming from as it interests me, but I hardly ever
look at it anymore, and to actually try to figure out how to spam
people based on the information . . . well, I have more important
things to do with my time, like woodworking.

4) The bottom line is, for those that wish to take advantage, it's
there for the taking. If some people get a measure of good use from it,
that's enough of a reward for me.

-Rick

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Larry Bud" wrote in message
ups.com...
link, and you say, "Screw him, it ain't perfect and he's a spam
collector."

There's no other reason for him to collect names and email addresses
other than to send spam. He doesn't save preferences and he doesn't
create a login.

That's crap Larry. He may want to send all of us Christmas Cards. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Thanks Rick. It's one of those free things with out the gotcha. What a
refreshing and thoughtful offer.
So uh it was not to collect names to send us all Christmas Cards? LOL
Thanks again.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sorry Leon. No Christmas cards :-( The original intent back when the
index was a subscription-based model was to require email addresses so
that I could notify 'members' when the index membership needed to be
renewed (annually). It was also used to notify when new magazines were
added, or when the index hit, say 10,000 articles, or other such
milestones. Consider the sign-up now more of a vestigial organ that no
longer serves its true purpose, but only serves to let me know, when I
bother to look at the sign-ups, the breadth of people from all walks
and locations that take advantage of what now has become more of a
labor of love. It's also interesting to see where people hear about the
index, which is also part of the sign-up process. I could make things
easier by utilizing cookies as a previous poster alluded to, but
imagine the complaints . . . ;-)

Rick

Posted to rec.woodworking
Wood Butcher

Ah yes, doofus here missed that. Thanks for pointing it out.
As I scanned the boilerplate I caught the bold part and skipped
the crucial part.

Art

"Jim Artherholt" wrote in message
. ..

The following is on the page with the index tab:

Be sure to bookmark this page, otherwise you'll need to go through the
Sign-up page to get here. Hope you enjoy and please pass the word to
your friends or forums where you hang out. Feedback is always appreciated.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Wood Butcher

Thanks Rick. I have it bookmarked now.
The next step is to remember it when I'm searching for an
article. Easier said than done lately.

Art

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking
Wood Butcher

Hot damn! I remembered.
See "Sharpening Brad Point drill bits" thread.

Art

"Wood Butcher" wrote in message
Thanks Rick. I have it bookmarked now.
The next step is to remember it when I'm searching for an
article. Easier said than done lately.

Art

New woodworking magazine [email protected] Woodworking 42 July 31st 05 06:17 PM
FA: Woodworking magazine back issues Buddy Matlosz Woodturning 0 February 15th 05 11:24 PM
New Woodworking Magazine? John E. Flatley, Jr. Woodworking 26 February 8th 04 03:44 PM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
New Woodworking Magazine... JackChatfield Woodworking 13 October 1st 03 06:35 AM