Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Woodworking Magazine Index

wrote in message
oups.com...
Everyone's comments have been interesting. At least you're taking
interest in a heck of a lot of work to maintain this thing. Let me
clarify a couple things . . .

1) Yes, you are right. Simply post the link to the search page and
viola! No need to sign up. It's not that the webmaster (me) doesn't
know what he's doing . . . it's more a testament to the fact that I
really, honest to goodness, don't care to spam, otherwise I would have
gone further out of my way to make the access more bullet proof. Plus,
you'll note that there is no email confirmation step required, further
proof that I really don't care to make money off of spamming anyone.
Heck, half the people put in nonsense when they sign up anyway.

2) The sign-up page is left over from when it WAS bullet proof and
there was a cost to use it. To remove it would require redoing
graphics, some reprogramming, and I don't care to do anything more with
it other than keep it up to date, which is a sizeable task by itself.

3) Periodically, I'll take a brief look through the sign-up database to
see where people are coming from as it interests me, but I hardly ever
look at it anymore, and to actually try to figure out how to spam
people based on the information . . . well, I have more important
things to do with my time, like woodworking.

4) The bottom line is, for those that wish to take advantage, it's
there for the taking. If some people get a measure of good use from it,
that's enough of a reward for me.

-Rick

Thanks Rick. It's one of those free things with out the gotcha. What a
refreshing and thoughtful offer.
So uh it was not to collect names to send us all Christmas Cards? LOL
Thanks again.