Jay Pique

Default OT - Rain Gear for construction workers

So I'm building a new shop. yeah! For a general contractor here in
town. boo!

IAE, today was cold and rainy and I realized that productivity goes
right down the drain when you're cold and wet. As such, I'm looking to
find some good rain gear so we don't lose man-days down the road. I've
read a few things about Helly Hansen work gear, and I've seen some
Cordura waterproof pants from Cabela's, and I've also been a fan of
Filson gear over the years. What I want is something bombproof,
waterproof and functional - ie. you can work in it. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

JP

Lew Hodgett

Jay Pique wrote:
So I'm building a new shop. yeah! For a general contractor here in
town. boo!

IAE, today was cold and rainy and I realized that productivity goes
right down the drain when you're cold and wet. As such, I'm looking to
find some good rain gear so we don't lose man-days down the road.

Take the man day loss, it is cheaper that good foul weather gear.

The most expensive clothing a sailor has is his fowl weather gear.

Good foul weather gear will never survive the construction site environment.

Lew

Rich

Spent years working on the water. I like Helly Hansen. They have a rainsuit
that is nothing high-tech but pretty rugged. Worn by Navy SEALs and SWCC
guys too. I've had mine for eight or nine years and they still issue them.
The suit that the Navy uses is made from Helly Tech, good stuff. Helly
Hansen also has less expensive PVC and PU coated stuff that is good and
costs a bit less.

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
oups.com...
So I'm building a new shop. yeah! For a general contractor here in
town. boo!

IAE, today was cold and rainy and I realized that productivity goes
right down the drain when you're cold and wet. As such, I'm looking to
find some good rain gear so we don't lose man-days down the road. I've
read a few things about Helly Hansen work gear, and I've seen some
Cordura waterproof pants from Cabela's, and I've also been a fan of
Filson gear over the years. What I want is something bombproof,
waterproof and functional - ie. you can work in it. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

JP

TeamCasa

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
oups.com...
So I'm building a new shop. yeah! For a general contractor here in
town. boo!

IAE, today was cold and rainy and I realized that productivity goes
right down the drain when you're cold and wet. As such, I'm looking to
find some good rain gear so we don't lose man-days down the road. I've
read a few things about Helly Hansen work gear, and I've seen some
Cordura waterproof pants from Cabela's, and I've also been a fan of
Filson gear over the years. What I want is something bombproof,
waterproof and functional - ie. you can work in it. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

JP

Carhartt makes some good stuff.
Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Charlie Self

Jay Pique wrote:
So I'm building a new shop. yeah! For a general contractor here in
town. boo!

IAE, today was cold and rainy and I realized that productivity goes
right down the drain when you're cold and wet. As such, I'm looking to
find some good rain gear so we don't lose man-days down the road. I've
read a few things about Helly Hansen work gear, and I've seen some
Cordura waterproof pants from Cabela's, and I've also been a fan of
Filson gear over the years. What I want is something bombproof,
waterproof and functional - ie. you can work in it. Any suggestions?

Check out Duluth Trading. www.duluthtrading.com

Superb products, and they've got a Canadian inspirted jacket that
should work well. Also some rain *resistant* corduroy britches.

Duke of Burl

If we absolutely have to work outside, we'll tent it (This is for
swimming pools). Everyone is able to work better without being
encumbered by rain gear. That's a last resort though. Usually, we'll
just have everyone work in the shop making p-bars, cleaning, etc. and
chalk it up to a rain day.

B a r r y

Charlie Self wrote:

Check out Duluth Trading. www.duluthtrading.com

Superb products, and they've got a Canadian inspirted jacket that
should work well.

I've had this jacket for a few weeks, and I'm very happy with it. This
is the jacket I asked about on this forum a few weeks back, as I'd never
spent as much money on a mail order jacket.

Other Duluth items I've purchased have been of excellent quality and
value. In a matter of fact, I'm wearing one of their shirts as I write
this. G

Barry