J T

Default DIY Inspiration

http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/P...ProductID=7144

Just scroll down about half a page, and you'll see it. I'm not
really sure if it's inspiring, or distressing.

JOAT
If it ain't broke, don't lend it.
- Red Green

Greg G.

J T said:

http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/P...ProductID=7144

Just scroll down about half a page, and you'll see it. I'm not
really sure if it's inspiring, or distressing.

Hmmm

JOAT, I'm not sure what your pointing at here...
Let's see, George Cross toilet seat, the Funwaves Toilet Seat in
Aquarium Blue, or the Union Jack Toilet Seat.

Ad copy proclaims, "Be the envy of your friends. Tough MDF toilet seat
that will brighten any bathroom and show your colours!"

If my friends are impressed by this, I need new friends...

None of these are a heated, padded, yellow toilet seat with a magazine
rack and hemorrhoid pads, however.

And right above it is an ad for:
"Knobs and Knockers"

Darned Brit's, think they can get away with selling anything...

I know that cold winters sure make a heated seat sound like a peachy
idea. If I could figure out how to get an electrically heated seat
through the UL listing process, I'd market one myself.

But you know how embarrassed the guy with the toilet seat glued to his
arse felt? Imagine being found electrocuted on the floor, pants
around your ankles, with a copy of FWW lying next to you opened to the
Readers Gallery.

"Hey Dave, Got another of them furniture perverts over here..."

Greg G.
Luigi Zanasi

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 23:48:17 -0500, Greg
scribbled:
I know that cold winters sure make a heated seat sound like a peachy
idea. If I could figure out how to get an electrically heated seat
through the UL listing process, I'd market one myself.

But you know how embarrassed the guy with the toilet seat glued to his
arse felt? Imagine being found electrocuted on the floor, pants
around your ankles, with a copy of FWW lying next to you opened to the
Readers Gallery.

"Hey Dave, Got another of them furniture perverts over here..."

You can avoid all that with a styrofoam seat. Keeps your arse warm
down to 40 below. Found in all the finest Yukon and Alaska outhouses.
But you only want to pull your pants and longjohns down so far, and
it's hard to turn the FWW pages with gloves on.

Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...ct_Woodworking

Greg G.

J T said:

Mon, Nov 7, 2005, 11:48pm (Greg*G.) sayeth:
Hmmm
JOAT, I'm not sure what your pointing at here... Let's see, George Cross
toilet seat, the Funwaves Toilet Seat in Aquarium Blue, or the Union
Jack Toilet Seat. snip
None of these are a heated, padded, yellow toilet seat snip
If I could figure out how to get an electrically heated seat through the
UL listing process, I'd market one myself.
But you know how embarrassed the guy with the toilet seat glued to his
arse felt?

It was the Union Jack toilet seat, I lost immediate interest in
looking further, when I saw that.

Understandable...

You want a "yellow" toilet seat? You don't want stains to show?

They didn't have one in brown.. g

Hate to break the news to you, but heated toilets have already been
invented. Google gave 528,000 hits for "heated toilet seats". Check out
the product as this site.
http://www.cleanbutt.com/Index.htm

LMAO - another good idea shot to .. well...
Hey, I actually looked at this thing. It's not available without all
the other accessories. And the last thing I want is a toilet seat
that ****es back at me...

And I sure hope they ship in an unmarked brown wrapper.
Who wants to get a big package from "Clean Butt"?

If I ever have the need to sit on a toilet not in my home, I make
damn sure to wipe the seat thoroughly, and use a paper seat protector if
available, before I sit down. I suspect most everyone does the same.
If some guy actually was glued down, sounds to me more like he did it
himself, so he could sue.

That thought DID cross my mind... It's a cash grab kinda world...

Greg G.
Greg G.

Luigi Zanasi said:

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 23:48:17 -0500, Greg
scribbled:
I know that cold winters sure make a heated seat sound like a peachy
idea. If I could figure out how to get an electrically heated seat
through the UL listing process, I'd market one myself.

But you know how embarrassed the guy with the toilet seat glued to his
arse felt? Imagine being found electrocuted on the floor, pants
around your ankles, with a copy of FWW lying next to you opened to the
Readers Gallery.

"Hey Dave, Got another of them furniture perverts over here..."

You can avoid all that with a styrofoam seat. Keeps your arse warm
down to 40 below. Found in all the finest Yukon and Alaska outhouses.
But you only want to pull your pants and longjohns down so far, and
it's hard to turn the FWW pages with gloves on.

Yes, Good Idea. Haven't seen a Styrofoam seat lately, but I don't
shop for seats all that often - I'm usually hanging around the tool
department. It's the initial shock factor that gets you. And I
imagine that in the great white north, you stand a good chance of
ending up stuck to the seat if the least bit of moisture is present...
for a while anyway... g

Greg G.
Charlie Self

Greg G. wrote:
J T said:

http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/P...ProductID=7144

Just scroll down about half a page, and you'll see it. I'm not
really sure if it's inspiring, or distressing.

Hmmm

JOAT, I'm not sure what your pointing at here...
Let's see, George Cross toilet seat, the Funwaves Toilet Seat in
Aquarium Blue, or the Union Jack Toilet Seat.

Ad copy proclaims, "Be the envy of your friends. Tough MDF toilet seat
that will brighten any bathroom and show your colours!"

If my friends are impressed by this, I need new friends...

None of these are a heated, padded, yellow toilet seat with a magazine
rack and hemorrhoid pads, however.

And right above it is an ad for:
"Knobs and Knockers"

Darned Brit's, think they can get away with selling anything...

Almost like the U.S. company selling a toilet fright. The photo showed
some kind of fanged monster...lift the lid and it pops up at you. The
ad copy writer thought it was hilarious. I thought it was silly. I have
no idea what might happen to some jittery guy, halfway around the world
on Old Milwaukee, who lifted the seat and had that thing jump out at
him, especially if the john light was dim.

Greg G.

Charlie Self said:

Greg G. wrote:

And right above it is an ad for:
"Knobs and Knockers"

Darned Brit's, think they can get away with selling anything...

Almost like the U.S. company selling a toilet fright. The photo showed
some kind of fanged monster...lift the lid and it pops up at you. The
ad copy writer thought it was hilarious. I thought it was silly. I have
no idea what might happen to some jittery guy, halfway around the world
on Old Milwaukee, who lifted the seat and had that thing jump out at
him, especially if the john light was dim.

Probably do what he went there to do, just not in the same place. g

Greg G.
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 23:48:17 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Greg
quickly quoth:

And right above it is an ad for:
"Knobs and Knockers"

Darned Brit's, think they can get away with selling anything...

Those who don't go tits-up, Greg.

I know that cold winters sure make a heated seat sound like a peachy
idea. If I could figure out how to get an electrically heated seat
through the UL listing process, I'd market one myself.

You'd be surprised how quickly the vinyl on a padded seat warms up.
I've been using them for decades now and am always shocked from the
cold when using a non-padded seat elsewhere. Distributed cost is $5
per year and it's WELL worth it.

But you know how embarrassed the guy with the toilet seat glued to his
arse felt? Imagine being found electrocuted on the floor, pants
around your ankles, with a copy of FWW lying next to you opened to the
Readers Gallery.

Can you imagine how someone could miss a trail of glue on the seat?
It means:

A- He didn't use a paper seat cover.
B- He didn't use TP as a cover.
C- He didn't wipe off the filthy seat before sitting on it.
and
D- He didn't even LOOK at the seat before sitting down.

IMHO, the guy deserves a herd of crabs to go with his glue.
Methinks it was a setup, though, and he probably had a lawyer
lined up before he even visited the store.

"Hey Dave, Got another of them furniture perverts over here..."

That's "prevert" to you, bubba.

Poverty is easy. * http://diversify.com
It's Charity and Chastity that are hard. * Data-based Website Design

Larry Jaques

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 21:46:13 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
Luigi Zanasi quickly quoth:

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 23:48:17 -0500, Greg
scribbled:
I know that cold winters sure make a heated seat sound like a peachy
idea. If I could figure out how to get an electrically heated seat
through the UL listing process, I'd market one myself.

You can avoid all that with a styrofoam seat. Keeps your arse warm
down to 40 below. Found in all the finest Yukon and Alaska outhouses.
But you only want to pull your pants and longjohns down so far, and
it's hard to turn the FWW pages with gloves on.

I guess that one thing you don't have to worry about up there in the
GWN is splash from the bucket. Everything is frozen solid before it
hits!

As for gloves, here ya go:
These gloves are FWW and LVT WW/GRDN/HDW-catalog tested!

Poverty is easy. * http://diversify.com
It's Charity and Chastity that are hard. * Data-based Website Design
Greg G.

Larry Jaques said:

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 23:48:17 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Greg
quickly quoth:

And right above it is an ad for:
"Knobs and Knockers"

Darned Brit's, think they can get away with selling anything...

Those who don't go tits-up, Greg.

You know what they say about people who live in glass houses...
I've seen some pretty lame crap on TV right here.

I know that cold winters sure make a heated seat sound like a peachy
idea. If I could figure out how to get an electrically heated seat
through the UL listing process, I'd market one myself.

You'd be surprised how quickly the vinyl on a padded seat warms up.
I've been using them for decades now and am always shocked from the
cold when using a non-padded seat elsewhere. Distributed cost is $5
per year and it's WELL worth it.

I've got a nice padded one, but it's still darned cold at first.
Shock factor and all... Plus, my arse is a wuss.

But you know how embarrassed the guy with the toilet seat glued to his
arse felt? Imagine being found electrocuted on the floor, pants
around your ankles, with a copy of FWW lying next to you opened to the
Readers Gallery.

Can you imagine how someone could miss a trail of glue on the seat?
It means:

A- He didn't use a paper seat cover.
B- He didn't use TP as a cover.
C- He didn't wipe off the filthy seat before sitting on it.
and
D- He didn't even LOOK at the seat before sitting down.

I don't disagree. It was SO stupid, I was researching it before I
posted the story. Dave beat me to it... I guess this means they'll
be installing video cameras in the head now.

IMHO, the guy deserves a herd of crabs to go with his glue.
Methinks it was a setup, though, and he probably had a lawyer
lined up before he even visited the store.

LOL
Do crabs come in herds?
A Gaggle? Litter? Flock? Bevy? Buttload?

I vote for the latter.

"Hey Dave, Got another of them furniture perverts over here..."

That's "prevert" to you, bubba.

g Would that be the one who proclaimed:

"When truth is no longer free, freedom is no longer real:
The truths of the police are the truths of today."

Didn't know he had a son...

Greg G.