D Steck

Default Bessey Clamps on Amazon - Watch your shipping

If you ordered your Bessey Clamps on Amazon for $99.00 and selected free
shipping, you better check your invoice. They have a bug in their website
code that even though you select the super saver shipping (and that's how
it's shipped) they still charge you $9.99 for shipping.

I caught it and called them on it. By the way, good luck finding the phone
number - they make it impossible to call them.

I already tossed it but call 800-555-1212 to get their number. It's not on
their website that I could find.

Roy Smith

In article ,
"D Steck" wrote:

If you ordered your Bessey Clamps on Amazon for $99.00 and selected free
shipping, you better check your invoice. They have a bug in their website
code that even though you select the super saver shipping (and that's how
it's shipped) they still charge you $9.99 for shipping.

I caught it and called them on it. By the way, good luck finding the phone
number - they make it impossible to call them.

Yes, they do hide the number pretty well, which I find rather obnoxious. I
don't remember where I got this from, but last I knew, (800) 201-7575 gets
you to Amazon's customer support.
A. D. Coby

"D Steck" wrote in message ...
If you ordered your Bessey Clamps on Amazon for $99.00 and selected free shipping, you better check your invoice. They have a bug
in their website code that even though you select the super saver shipping (and that's how it's shipped) they still charge you
$9.99 for shipping.

I did not have this problem with my order. It was necessary to click on the free shipping
option when I made the order. The default was the $9.99 shipping fee.

D Steck

"A. D. Coby" wrote in message
nk.net...
"D Steck" wrote in message
If you ordered your Bessey Clamps on Amazon for $99.00 and selected free
shipping, you better check your invoice. They have a bug in their
website code that even though you select the super saver shipping (and
that's how it's shipped) they still charge you $9.99 for shipping.

I did not have this problem with my order. It was necessary to click on
the free shipping
option when I made the order. The default was the $9.99 shipping fee.

I also clicked on the free shipping. It even shows on the invoice as free
shipping however there is a $9.99 charge for shipping. They admitted on the
phone that they have a bug in their software.

B a r r y

Roy Smith wrote:

Yes, they do hide the number pretty well, which I find rather obnoxious.

That's called a web-based, rock bottom pricing model. G

Pretty much the most expensive thing a retail outlet can do is have an
employee TALK to a customer.

Ever try to call eBay?

Jay Pique

B a r r y wrote:
Roy Smith wrote:

Yes, they do hide the number pretty well, which I find rather obnoxious.

That's called a web-based, rock bottom pricing model. G

Pretty much the most expensive thing a retail outlet can do is have an
employee TALK to a customer.

Ever try to call eBay?

I'm becoming more accustomed to using the internet for my customer
service needs. An excellent example is Intuit software. They are
testing a system wherein you send an email describng your problem and
someone will call you back at a phone number you provide within 60
minutes. I used it and it worked flawlessly. They responded after 20
minutes, they already had the answer and there was zero frustration on
my part.

JP

Rick Stein wrote:
I recently ordered stuff from Amazon and was surprised to be charged
sales tax. Is that normal?

Are you in Washington state?

Wes Stewart

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:29:35 -0500, "D Steck"
wrote:

If you ordered your Bessey Clamps on Amazon for $99.00 and selected free
shipping, you better check your invoice. They have a bug in their website
code that even though you select the super saver shipping (and that's how
it's shipped) they still charge you $9.99 for shipping.

Not me. My invoice shows $9.99 add for shipping, less a $9.99
"Promotional Certificate".
BB

They will charge sales tax for any state that they have a business nexus in
.. . .

WA, ND (Toolcrib???), NV (shipping) et al....

D Steck wrote:
If you ordered your Bessey Clamps on Amazon for $99.00 and selected free
shipping, you better check your invoice. They have a bug in their

website
code that even though you select the super saver shipping (and that's

how
it's shipped) they still charge you $9.99 for shipping.

I caught it and called them on it. By the way, good luck finding the

phone
number - they make it impossible to call them.

I already tossed it but call 800-555-1212 to get their number. It's not

on
their website that I could find.

Chuck

My Bessey Clamp experience with Amazon was great! I got them through
the "Gold Box", so they were $94.99, with free shipping. Ordered them
mid morning on Wednesday, and they were delivered around noon on
Thursday! Guess it is good to live relatively close to their shipping
location.