DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bessey Clamps on Amazon - Watch your shipping (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/126384-bessey-clamps-amazon-watch-your-shipping.html)

D Steck October 25th 05 12:29 AM

Bessey Clamps on Amazon - Watch your shipping

If you ordered your Bessey Clamps on Amazon for $99.00 and selected free
shipping, you better check your invoice. They have a bug in their website
code that even though you select the super saver shipping (and that's how
it's shipped) they still charge you $9.99 for shipping.

I caught it and called them on it. By the way, good luck finding the phone
number - they make it impossible to call them.

I already tossed it but call 800-555-1212 to get their number. It's not on
their website that I could find.

Roy Smith October 25th 05 01:47 AM

Bessey Clamps on Amazon - Watch your shipping

In article ,
"D Steck" wrote:

If you ordered your Bessey Clamps on Amazon for $99.00 and selected free
shipping, you better check your invoice. They have a bug in their website
code that even though you select the super saver shipping (and that's how
it's shipped) they still charge you $9.99 for shipping.

I caught it and called them on it. By the way, good luck finding the phone
number - they make it impossible to call them.

Yes, they do hide the number pretty well, which I find rather obnoxious. I
don't remember where I got this from, but last I knew, (800) 201-7575 gets
you to Amazon's customer support.

A. D. Coby October 25th 05 01:59 AM

"D Steck" wrote in message ...
If you ordered your Bessey Clamps on Amazon for $99.00 and selected free shipping, you better check your invoice. They have a bug
in their website code that even though you select the super saver shipping (and that's how it's shipped) they still charge you
$9.99 for shipping.

I did not have this problem with my order. It was necessary to click on the free shipping
option when I made the order. The default was the $9.99 shipping fee.

D Steck October 25th 05 02:29 AM

Bessey Clamps on Amazon - Watch your shipping

"A. D. Coby" wrote in message
nk.net...
"D Steck" wrote in message
If you ordered your Bessey Clamps on Amazon for $99.00 and selected free
shipping, you better check your invoice. They have a bug in their
website code that even though you select the super saver shipping (and
that's how it's shipped) they still charge you $9.99 for shipping.

I did not have this problem with my order. It was necessary to click on
the free shipping
option when I made the order. The default was the $9.99 shipping fee.

I also clicked on the free shipping. It even shows on the invoice as free
shipping however there is a $9.99 charge for shipping. They admitted on the
phone that they have a bug in their software.

B a r r y October 25th 05 12:20 PM

Roy Smith wrote:

Yes, they do hide the number pretty well, which I find rather obnoxious.

That's called a web-based, rock bottom pricing model. G

Pretty much the most expensive thing a retail outlet can do is have an
employee TALK to a customer.

Ever try to call eBay?

Jay Pique October 25th 05 01:02 PM

B a r r y wrote:
Roy Smith wrote:

Yes, they do hide the number pretty well, which I find rather obnoxious.

That's called a web-based, rock bottom pricing model. G

Pretty much the most expensive thing a retail outlet can do is have an
employee TALK to a customer.

Ever try to call eBay?

I'm becoming more accustomed to using the internet for my customer
service needs. An excellent example is Intuit software. They are
testing a system wherein you send an email describng your problem and
someone will call you back at a phone number you provide within 60
minutes. I used it and it worked flawlessly. They responded after 20
minutes, they already had the answer and there was zero frustration on
my part.

JP

Rick Stein October 25th 05 02:18 PM

Bessey Clamps on Amazon - Watch your shipping

I recently ordered stuff from Amazon and was surprised to be charged
sales tax. Is that normal?

R.

[email protected] October 25th 05 02:51 PM

Rick Stein wrote:
I recently ordered stuff from Amazon and was surprised to be charged
sales tax. Is that normal?

Are you in Washington state?

Wes Stewart October 25th 05 04:22 PM

Bessey Clamps on Amazon - Watch your shipping

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:29:35 -0500, "D Steck"
wrote:

If you ordered your Bessey Clamps on Amazon for $99.00 and selected free
shipping, you better check your invoice. They have a bug in their website
code that even though you select the super saver shipping (and that's how
it's shipped) they still charge you $9.99 for shipping.

Not me. My invoice shows $9.99 add for shipping, less a $9.99
"Promotional Certificate".

BB October 25th 05 10:01 PM

Bessey Clamps on Amazon - Watch your shipping

They will charge sales tax for any state that they have a business nexus in
.. . .

WA, ND (Toolcrib???), NV (shipping) et al....

KS October 25th 05 10:51 PM

Bessey Clamps on Amazon - Watch your shipping

In article , says...
I recently ordered stuff from Amazon and was surprised to be charged
sales tax. Is that normal?

R.

It is if your in Kansas. Kansas is requires internet purchases to be
taxed. Part of the destination-based sales tax crap that went into
effect. Amazon agreed to collect it and started doing so last fall I
believe.

Leonard Lopez October 27th 05 05:29 PM

Bessey Clamps on Amazon - Watch your shipping

You can get to amazon via email. They respond very well. I think they
also gave me the 800 number

Len

Chuck October 27th 05 05:57 PM

Bessey Clamps on Amazon - Watch your shipping

My Bessey Clamp experience with Amazon was great! I got them through
the "Gold Box", so they were $94.99, with free shipping. Ordered them
mid morning on Wednesday, and they were delivered around noon on
Thursday! Guess it is good to live relatively close to their shipping
location.