Billy

Default Powr-Kraft scroll saw

Hey all: I just picked up a Powr-Kraft scroll saw at an action for one
dollar, (yahoo). The numbers on it are 05FD2355 D00. It has a 4"
pulley on the right side and no motor. Any advice on what rpm this
should run at, or HP recommendations might be for the motor? It's iron
and about 30 pounds, 20" deep and 18" high. Cute little sucker.
Thank you.
Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Billy, kenny wrote:
My brother was cleaning out his garage and gave me the same saw.
What size blade fits it please?

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/woodwor...saw-49086-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/11/2016 8:44 PM, kenny wrote:
replying to Billy, kenny wrote:
My brother was cleaning out his garage and gave me the same saw.
What size blade fits it please?

You should be able to tell from looking at it whether it needs pinned or
plain ended blades. My bet is that it's using pinned, so start with a
small packet of those in 5" length. If that doesn't work - length, that
is - go to a 4" if you can find it one. My money is on a 5" pinned
blade so I'd recommend starting there.

After pinned/unpinned is determined the only other decision will be
tooth count, etc.
Posted to rec.woodworking

kenny wrote:

replying to Billy, kenny wrote:
My brother was cleaning out his garage and gave me the same saw.
What size blade fits it please?

http://vintagemachinery.org/photoind....aspx?id=12739

http://www.owwm.org/viewforum.php?f=...e99dd121 04d1

Posted to rec.woodworking

Question was asked a long time ago but I believe I have the same model and it came with a pack of Ward Power Kraft jigsaw blades with plain ends. Three 10-tooth 020 x .110 5 inch long, three 15 tooth/inch .020 x .110 5 inch long, and six 18 tooth/inch .010 x .045 5 inch long blades in the original cardboard sleeve from Montgomery Ward and Company. They set the purchaser back a whole $.85 at the time! Hopefully this is helpful to y'all.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...saw-49086-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/13/2021 3:45 PM, EricMac wrote:
Question was asked a long time ago but I believe I have the same model
and it came with a pack of Ward Power Kraft jigsaw blades with plain
ends. Three 10-tooth 020 x .110Â* 5 inch long, three 15 tooth/inch .020 x
.110 5 inch long, and six 18 tooth/inch .010 x .045 5 inch long blades
in the original cardboard sleeve from Montgomery Ward and Company.Â* They
set the purchaser back a whole $.85 at the time!Â*Â* Hopefully this is
helpful to y'all.

Your comments would be more helpful if you included the original
question to which you providing an answer.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 09:07:08 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 3/13/2021 3:45 PM, EricMac wrote:
Question was asked a long time ago but I believe I have the same model
and it came with a pack of Ward Power Kraft jigsaw blades with plain
ends. Three 10-tooth 020 x .110* 5 inch long, three 15 tooth/inch .020 x
.110 5 inch long, and six 18 tooth/inch .010 x .045 5 inch long blades
in the original cardboard sleeve from Montgomery Ward and Company.* They
set the purchaser back a whole $.85 at the time!** Hopefully this is
helpful to y'all.

Your comments would be more helpful if you included the original
question to which you providing an answer.

The click-bait trolls are hoping your curiosity will entice you to click the
link to get the full story.
--
Jerry O.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 15:35:43 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 3/14/2021 2:54 PM, Jerry Osage wrote:
On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 09:07:08 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 3/13/2021 3:45 PM, EricMac wrote:
Question was asked a long time ago but I believe I have the same model
and it came with a pack of Ward Power Kraft jigsaw blades with plain
ends. Three 10-tooth 020 x .110* 5 inch long, three 15 tooth/inch .020 x
.110 5 inch long, and six 18 tooth/inch .010 x .045 5 inch long blades
in the original cardboard sleeve from Montgomery Ward and Company.* They
set the purchaser back a whole $.85 at the time!** Hopefully this is
helpful to y'all.

Your comments would be more helpful if you included the original
question to which you providing an answer.

The click-bait trolls are hoping your curiosity will entice you to click the
link to get the full story.

I did not bite.

I never have either. A straight forward, honest invitation/beg might work.
Please click - we need the traffic, that is why we keep spaming your group.
--
Jerry O.