Stephen Young

trainfan1 wrote:
Hello...

I am trying to source a pair (or two) of motor brushes for my 1972
vintage Montgomery Ward "Powr Kraft" Circular Saw.

The model number is TGB-8110A and the part number for the brushes("brush
& spring") is 718-838.

Would it help if someone knows who originally made this saw for Wards?

I've done a pretty thorough web search and it looks like I'm going to
have to rely on someone's personal knowledge & experience...

Thanks, Rob

Remove the brushes yourself & take them to a good hardware store - might get a good enough match.

George

"trainfan1" wrote in message
news
Hello...

I am trying to source a pair (or two) of motor brushes for my 1972
vintage Montgomery Ward "Powr Kraft" Circular Saw.

The model number is TGB-8110A and the part number for the brushes("brush
& spring") is 718-838.

Would it help if someone knows who originally made this saw for Wards?

I've done a pretty thorough web search and it looks like I'm going to
have to rely on someone's personal knowledge & experience...

You check this group?

If the source for other Powr Kraft (Power Craft for search) parts can't
help, it's time to go to a motor shop.

Lee Gordon

I am trying to source a pair (or two) of motor brushes for my 1972
vintage Montgomery Ward "Powr Kraft" Circular Saw.

The model number is TGB-8110A and the part number for the brushes("brush
& spring") is 718-838.

Would it help if someone knows who originally made this saw for Wards?

Try these guys: www.toolkraft.com . This company bought most of the
tooling and spare parts stock of the company that originally produced Powr
Kraft tools.

Lee

At some point Black and Decker made Power Kraft tools. Try a
Dewalt/B&D service center if convenient.

good ol' Bob

Top poster Bob here.

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to trainfan1, mci jax wrote:
I have a replacement saw

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/woodwor...elp-13763-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 8:14:04 AM UTC-5, mci jax wrote:
replying to trainfan1, mci jax wrote:
I have a replacement saw

Unfortunately, you are 11 years too late.

For lack of the replacement brushes, trainfan1 gave up woodworking all
together. He took up flower arranging instead.