Dave Balderstone

Default GLOAT: Lee Valley NEW STORE 10% off coupon!

The store in Saskatoon opens to "current" customers October 3, and both
SWMBO and I got our 10% discount cards in the mail the other day. It
doesn't open to the public 'till October 5, so I get first dibs!
Woohoo!

Robin, I still wanna have that coffee if you're in town. Broadway
Roastery is just down 51st at Millar, and we're just down Millar... so
if you'd like a tour of the Western Producer let me know. I still want
to convince you folks you should be advertising in our new magazine.

And to all of you that don't have a LV store nearby... Neener neener!!

djb

Lee Michaels

"Dave Balderstone" exalted

The store in Saskatoon opens to "current" customers October 3, and both
SWMBO and I got our 10% discount cards in the mail the other day. It
doesn't open to the public 'till October 5, so I get first dibs!
Woohoo!

Robin, I still wanna have that coffee if you're in town. Broadway
Roastery is just down 51st at Millar, and we're just down Millar... so
if you'd like a tour of the Western Producer let me know. I still want
to convince you folks you should be advertising in our new magazine.

And to all of you that don't have a LV store nearby... Neener neener!!

Dave, don't hold back.

Let us know how you really feel!

Dave Balderstone

In article , Lee Michaels
wrote:

Let us know how you really feel!

You mean beyond just doing the autodeposit of the paycheck right into
Robin's account?

;-)

It's scary to think about the amount of money that my colleagues at the
Western Producer may spend starting Monday.

Swingman

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message

And to all of you that don't have a LV store nearby... Neener neener!!

Undoubtedly the mother of all suckage!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/17/05

Swingman

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

Dave, don't hold back.

Let us know how you really feel!

They can blame "W" for causing Katrina, but we now know what really caused
Rita to be sucked Northward.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/17/05

Robin Lee

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
tone.ca...
The store in Saskatoon opens to "current" customers October 3, and both
SWMBO and I got our 10% discount cards in the mail the other day. It
doesn't open to the public 'till October 5, so I get first dibs!
Woohoo!

Robin, I still wanna have that coffee if you're in town. Broadway
Roastery is just down 51st at Millar, and we're just down Millar... so
if you'd like a tour of the Western Producer let me know. I still want
to convince you folks you should be advertising in our new magazine.

And to all of you that don't have a LV store nearby... Neener neener!!

djb

Hi Dave -

Coffee's on... hit me by email with your phone, and we'll set it up!

Cheers -

Rob

Upscale

"Swingman" wrote in message

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
And to all of you that don't have a LV store nearby... Neener neener!!

Undoubtedly the mother of all suckage!

It's not all it's cracked up to be.

1) You're living from paycheck to credit card to paycheck to support your
woodworking addiction.
2) You go into an LV store and come out with a few more toys, but your
wallet feels likes it's been strip searched by an anti-terrorist squad
before it was handed over to an 800 lb gorilla for final inspection.
3) You get your butt three steps out of an LV store and decide to go back in
and buy one more toy 'since you're already there'. Two hours later, you come
out the door with six more toys, not one.
4) You go into an LV store to buy a gift for a friend, come out with five
things for yourself and are just pulling into your driveway when you
remember you forgot to buy the gift for your friend. Forget about him, he
didn't get you anything last year anyway.
5) You were a hard core drug addict for ten years but managed to kick the
habit when you took up woodworking and found a Lee Valley Tools store. Now
you're so broke all the time and the bill collectors are after you so much
that you wish you were still a drug addict instead. At least when you were a
drug addict, it didn't bother you to break into someone's house and steal
their woodworking tools. Much better than the bill collectors trying to
repossess your tools.
6) There's two Lee Valley Stores in your city (Toronto) and they're situated
at opposite ends of the city. You have such a hard time trying to decide
which one to go to that you go to both of them because, well, ummm, just
because it will be fun.
7) All the women you know have abandoned you for other guys with more
woodworking tools for you. In an effort to reclaim your former status as the
king of tools, you're forever doomed to walk the floors of Lee Valley Tools
stores looking for that special new toy that no one else has yet.

It's a nightmare I tell you. Just a horrible, terrible nightmare that I live
through every day.

Swingman

"Upscale" wrote in message

It's not all it's cracked up to be.

snip

It's a nightmare I tell you. Just a horrible, terrible nightmare that I

live
through every day.

LOL I can _almost_ feel your pain ... and that's just because a Rockler's
close by, and there's no comparison.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/17/05

George

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
tone.ca...
The store in Saskatoon opens to "current" customers October 3, and both

SNIP
djb

I've been talking to woodworkers
I've been working on oak
Red Deer, Terrace, and Medicine Hat....

Couldn't resist

George
From a province where LV will never be

Upscale

"Swingman" wrote in message

LOL I can _almost_ feel your pain ... and that's just because a Rockler's
close by, and there's no comparison.

I don't know what a Rockler's is like because they don't have any up here in
Canada, but if it's anything like an LV store, it's hell. LV stores are
insidious. They've got so much stuff out on display, that you can't help but
go in and play with it. Seeing something you didn't know you needed in a
catalogue is one thing. Seeing it out on display where you can touch it and
play with it is worse than waving a T-bone in front of a Great Dane.

Doug Payne

On 28/09/2005 8:10 AM, Upscale wrote:

6) There's two Lee Valley Stores in your city (Toronto) and they're situated
at opposite ends of the city. You have such a hard time trying to decide
which one to go to that you go to both of them because, well, ummm, just
because it will be fun.

It's worse than that. I've been known to pass *through* Toronto and
drive to Ottawa, "because it has the mothership of all LV stores",
passing not 2, but 3 other stores along the way (you forgot Burlington).
My own person problem dates back to the very early days when that store
was in an old house. Of course, if I'm short of time, I have to choose
from 4, because I'm halfway between Toronto and London. Life is hell.

It's a nightmare I tell you. Just a horrible, terrible nightmare that I live
through every day.

I hear ya, brother.
B a r r y

Upscale wrote:

It's a nightmare I tell you. Just a horrible, terrible nightmare that I live
through every day.

Next we'll hear about some guy doing "favors" in the LV parking lot for
tool money.

eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
B a r r y wrote:
Upscale wrote:

It's a nightmare I tell you. Just a horrible, terrible nightmare that I live
through every day.

Next we'll hear about some guy doing "favors" in the LV parking lot for
tool money.

using his tool for tools?

Robin Lee

"Upscale" wrote in message
(snip)

6) There's two Lee Valley Stores in your city (Toronto) and they're

situated
at opposite ends of the city. You have such a hard time trying to decide
which one to go to that you go to both of them because, well, ummm, just
because it will be fun.

Hmm - in a few months, it'll be a triangle...

Enjoyed the post!

Cheers -

Rob

Dave Balderstone

In article , George wrote:

I've been talking to woodworkers
I've been working on oak
Red Deer, Terrace, and Medicine Hat....

LOL!

Upscale

"Robin Lee" wrote in message news:9Ey_e.6278

6) There's two Lee Valley Stores in your city (Toronto) and they're

Hmm - in a few months, it'll be a triangle...

Oh yeah? What part will the third part of the triangle be situated in?

Robin Lee

"Upscale" wrote in message
"Robin Lee" wrote in message news:9Ey_e.6278

6) There's two Lee Valley Stores in your city (Toronto) and they're

Hmm - in a few months, it'll be a triangle...

Oh yeah? What part will the third part of the triangle be situated in?

South...in the shadow of the really really tall building....

Near MEC.....

Upscale

"Robin Lee" wrote in message

Oh yeah? What part will the third part of the triangle be situated in?

South...in the shadow of the really really tall building....

Near MEC.....

Good show. That is considerably closer to where I live than the east and
west end stores. Congrats.

Luigi Zanasi

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:51:29 -0600, Dave Balderstone
scribbled:

The store in Saskatoon opens to "current" customers October 3, and both
SWMBO and I got our 10% discount cards in the mail the other day. It
doesn't open to the public 'till October 5, so I get first dibs!
Woohoo!

No fair!!! I've been asking for a store in Whitehorse since way before
Dave joined the wreck. Sniff. :-(

Dave, you suck.

Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...ct_Woodworking
Michael Daly

On 29-Sep-2005, "Robin Lee" wrote:

Near MEC.....

You are a very cruel person. Now I'll never have any money.
MEC and LV already get most of my money - but putting them
next door to each other?

Mike
:-)

Doug Payne

On 29/09/2005 7:45 AM, Robin Lee wrote:

South...in the shadow of the really really tall building....

Near MEC.....

Oh great - my two worst weaknesses located next to one another. At least
in Ottawa they're a few minutes drive apart. (And yeah, I visited both
last weekend, while on a family visit).
Upscale

"Doug Payne" wrote in message
Oh great - my two worst weaknesses located next to one another. At least
in Ottawa they're a few minutes drive apart. (And yeah, I visited both
last weekend, while on a family visit).

Almost like a really good restaurant on one side of where you live and a
strip club with really friendly ladies on the other side.

D. J. MCBRIDE

"Upscale" wrote in message
"Doug Payne" wrote in message
Oh great - my two worst weaknesses located next to one another. At
least
in Ottawa they're a few minutes drive apart. (And yeah, I visited
both
last weekend, while on a family visit).

Almost like a really good restaurant on one side of where you live and
strip club with really friendly ladies on the other side.

I'M SURE GLAD THERE ISN'T A LEE VALLEY STORE IN HOUSTON!
THANKFULLY, THEY WON'T BE PUTTING ANY OF THOSE 10% OFF COUPONS ON THEIR
WEBSITE WHERE A FLLER COULD SPEND A BUNCH OF HIS HARD-EARNED MONEY ON
WOODWORKING TRINKETS JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT! (HOPE I'M NOT TALKING TOO
LOUD!)
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston

Lee Michaels

"D. J. MCBRIDE" wrote in message

"Upscale" wrote in message
"Doug Payne" wrote in message
Oh great - my two worst weaknesses located next to one another. At least
in Ottawa they're a few minutes drive apart. (And yeah, I visited both
last weekend, while on a family visit).

Almost like a really good restaurant on one side of where you live and a
strip club with really friendly ladies on the other side.

I'M SURE GLAD THERE ISN'T A LEE VALLEY STORE IN HOUSTON! THANKFULLY,
THEY WON'T BE PUTTING ANY OF THOSE 10% OFF COUPONS ON THEIR WEBSITE WHERE
A FLLER COULD SPEND A BUNCH OF HIS HARD-EARNED MONEY ON WOODWORKING
TRINKETS JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT! (HOPE I'M NOT TALKING TOO LOUD!)
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston

Being from Houston and all, you would understand, it may be hard for Lee
Valley to get a lease there.

Because it may displace either a barbecue joint or a strip club.

And that would be soooooo........., un-Texan.

Medway Multipoint & Thermal Store DIYSOS UK diy 20 March 23rd 05 04:31 PM
Powermax/Heatbank/UV? nickd UK diy 18 February 20th 05 12:13 PM
Uvented cyl v Thermal store. IMM UK diy 0 November 18th 04 02:53 PM
Ticked at Rocklear Bob Brogan Woodworking 58 April 15th 04 04:28 AM
OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee Gunner Metalworking 562 January 6th 04 07:04 AM