Sam Soltan

Default Delta Q3 - missing parts AND Delta no longer stocks or makes them

I am a Industrial Technology (shop) teacher at Brownell Middle School in
Grosse Pointe, Michigan.

Last May an upper spring broke on one of our Q3 Scroll Saws. I ordered the
replacement parts and they finally came in this past Monday. I went in to
school and found to my shock that someone had taken an entire upper chuck /
head assembly from one of the other Q3 saws!

The fact that all school budgets are being constrained from previous years,
I would like to repair the machine if it would be possible..

I called Delta to order the replacement and possible upgrade to the saw but
was told they no longer make or stock the parts.

I was hoping that you could help me.

I am looking to get P/N 1342500 Upper Chuck Retrofit Kit. (Possibly 3 of
them) I would also like to see "Field Service Bulletin 055 dated 6-24-99
which refers to the above.

Edwin Pawlowski

"AL" wrote in message
Well now you know what Delta thinks about its customers. Think about that
the next time you need to buy something.

What? They discontinued a model years ago and don't have parts? You'd
think they'd have every part for every machine for at least 100 years.