DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Delta Q3 - missing parts AND Delta no longer stocks or makes them (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/119442-delta-q3-missing-parts-delta-no-longer-stocks-makes-them.html)

Sam Soltan September 2nd 05 02:40 PM

Delta Q3 - missing parts AND Delta no longer stocks or makes them

I am a Industrial Technology (shop) teacher at Brownell Middle School in
Grosse Pointe, Michigan.

Last May an upper spring broke on one of our Q3 Scroll Saws. I ordered the
replacement parts and they finally came in this past Monday. I went in to
school and found to my shock that someone had taken an entire upper chuck /
head assembly from one of the other Q3 saws!

The fact that all school budgets are being constrained from previous years,
I would like to repair the machine if it would be possible..

I called Delta to order the replacement and possible upgrade to the saw but
was told they no longer make or stock the parts.

I was hoping that you could help me.

I am looking to get P/N 1342500 Upper Chuck Retrofit Kit. (Possibly 3 of
them) I would also like to see "Field Service Bulletin 055 dated 6-24-99
which refers to the above.

Edwin Pawlowski September 4th 05 05:58 AM

"AL" wrote in message
Well now you know what Delta thinks about its customers. Think about that
the next time you need to buy something.

What? They discontinued a model years ago and don't have parts? You'd
think they'd have every part for every machine for at least 100 years.