Sam Soltan

Default Delta Q3 - missing parts AND Delta no longer stocks or makes them

I am a Industrial Technology (shop) teacher at Brownell Middle School in
Grosse Pointe, Michigan.

Last May an upper spring broke on one of our Q3 Scroll Saws. I ordered the
replacement parts and they finally came in this past Monday. I went in to
school and found to my shock that someone had taken an entire upper chuck /
head assembly from one of the other Q3 saws!

The fact that all school budgets are being constrained from previous years,
I would like to repair the machine if it would be possible..

I called Delta to order the replacement and possible upgrade to the saw but
was told they no longer make or stock the parts.

I was hoping that you could help me.

I am looking to get P/N 1342500 Upper Chuck Retrofit Kit. (Possibly 3 of
them) I would also like to see "Field Service Bulletin 055 dated 6-24-99
which refers to the above.