mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Default Router lift and plate for building my table

Okay, so I decided (based on encouragement from friends and strangers)
to build my own router table. I mean, how BAD could it be? (that'll be
yet another story for another day)

The first thing I do is start looking for a phenolic sheet to make my
router plate for the table. I found some at the Aircraft Spruce &
Specialty company. I planned on using a 3/4" piece so that I could
handle the heaviest of routers.

So I find that a 12"x12" 3/4" sheet would cost me $67 ... plus shipping!

Yikes! So I take another look at router plates and find a Jessem Router
Lift w/plate (3/4" phenolic) for $135 and free shipping!

So for $65 more, I get the plate, it's cut and ready-drilled for my
Bosch 1617, AND I get the Jessem 02302 router lift.

Somedays ... it feels good to spend money!

Jack

WillR

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:
Okay, so I decided (based on encouragement from friends and strangers) =

to build my own router table. I mean, how BAD could it be? (that'll b=

e=20
yet another story for another day)
=20
The first thing I do is start looking for a phenolic sheet to make my=20
router plate for the table. I found some at the Aircraft Spruce &=20
Specialty company. I planned on using a 3/4" piece so that I could=20
handle the heaviest of routers.
=20
So I find that a 12"x12" 3/4" sheet would cost me $67 ... plus shipping=

!
=20
Yikes! So I take another look at router plates and find a Jessem Route=

r=20
Lift w/plate (3/4" phenolic) for $135 and free shipping!
=20
So for $65 more, I get the plate, it's cut and ready-drilled for my=20
Bosch 1617, AND I get the Jessem 02302 router lift.
=20
Somedays ... it feels good to spend money!
=20
Jack
=20

Sounds Like the way to go. :-)

For more ideas -- you might want to look here... Table system stuff.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...3053&p=3D43885

And accessories of course.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=3D1&p=3D43000

Course then you would have to spend more money. :-))

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Yeah, I was looking at their site already. Some great stuff! I'm
actually going to try to make the fence myself, but it's nice to have a
fallback in case my efforts turn out to be a total disaster.

Jack

WillR wrote:
[...]

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...,43053&p=43885

And accessories of course.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...&cat=1&p=43000

Course then you would have to spend more money. :-))

BobS

Now if you want to build a real work-horse that is accurate to .001" take a
look at this one http://www.patwarner.com/routerfence.html

Pat did an article in FWW a few years back on how to build this (he sells
them too) and I built it. Great fence and makes a great complement to the
Jessem Rout-R-Lift that I coupled it with. One helluva combination. But as
Pat will tell you - a 2 by 4 will work also....

Bob S.

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message ...

WillR wrote:
[...]

That's exactly the fence I plan on building! I already got the plans
for it. It looks like I have the flexibility to easily tweak the design
if I don't want all the bells and whistles. After I start work on it,
I'll decide how far I want to go with that particular project.

Pat does some amazing work!!!

Jack

WillR wrote:

[...]

Patriarch

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in :
snip
Yikes! So I take another look at router plates and find a Jessem Router
Lift w/plate (3/4" phenolic) for $135 and free shipping!

So for $65 more, I get the plate, it's cut and ready-drilled for my
Bosch 1617, AND I get the Jessem 02302 router lift.

Somedays ... it feels good to spend money!

Why does this provide superior performance to an aluminum plate at $50 to
$70?

Enquiring minds want to know...

Patriarch
WillR

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:
That's exactly the fence I plan on building! I already got the plans=20
for it. It looks like I have the flexibility to easily tweak the desig=

n=20
if I don't want all the bells and whistles. After I start work on it, =

I'll decide how far I want to go with that particular project.
=20
Pat does some amazing work!!!
=20
Jack
=20

I have a split fence on my router -- no fancy adjustments -- I just use=20
a ruler and eyeball the difference -- although I could use a feeler=20
gauge... Clearly this one is quite precise.

=20
BobS wrote:
=20
Now if you want to build a real work-horse that is accurate to .001"=20
take a look at this one http://www.patwarner.com/routerfence.html

Pat did an article in FWW a few years back on how to build this (he=20
sells them too) and I built it. Great fence and makes a great=20
complement to the Jessem Rout-R-Lift that I coupled it with. One=20
helluva combination. But as Pat will tell you - a 2 by 4 will work=20
also....

Bob S.

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" =

Yeah, I was looking at their site already. Some great stuff! I'm=20

WillR wrote:

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:

Okay, so I decided (based on encouragement from friends and=20
strangers) to build my own router table. I mean, how BAD could it =

be? (that'll be yet another story for another day)

The first thing I do is start looking for a phenolic sheet to make =

my router plate for the table. I found some at the Aircraft Spruce =

& Specialty company. I planned on using a 3/4" piece so that I=20
could handle the heaviest of routers.

So I find that a 12"x12" 3/4" sheet would cost me $67 ... plus=20
shipping!

Yikes! So I take another look at router plates and find a Jessem=20
Router Lift w/plate (3/4" phenolic) for $135 and free shipping!

So for $65 more, I get the plate, it's cut and ready-drilled for my=

=20
Bosch 1617, AND I get the Jessem 02302 router lift.

Somedays ... it feels good to spend money!

Jack

Sounds Like the way to go. :-)

For more ideas -- you might want to look here... Table system stuff=

=2E
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...3053&p=3D4388=

5

And accessories of course.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=3D1&p=3D43000

Course then you would have to spend more money. :-))

=20

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

I presume it's easier to work with, particularly for a novice like
myself. But either way, that's moot now.

As far as a fence goes ... that I'll build myself. It should be fun!

Jack