igor

Default Jessem FX / Rockler FX router lift - anyone have one?

Anyone using a Jessem FX / Rockler FX router lift? Jessem makes them both
and the Rockler one has a smaller plate to fit its router tables.

http://www.jessem.com/rout_r_lift_fx.htm
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...er=jessem%20fx

I did find a couple of gushing reviews:
http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/rfxrvu.html
http://www.woodworking.com/articles/...a=show&id=1259

I DAGS with only two hits here -- both by people considering getting one?
The last ISO info was posted 3 months ago so I thought I'd start the
info-trolling this time. Anyone get one for Xmas? Any hands-on reviews?
TIA. -- Igor
Mike

I have the Mast-R-Lift and it is just fabulous!!!
can't go wrong with any of the JessEm's products!!

--

\\Mike
----------------

"igor" a écrit dans le message de news:
Anyone using a Jessem FX / Rockler FX router lift? Jessem makes them both
and the Rockler one has a smaller plate to fit its router tables.

http://www.jessem.com/rout_r_lift_fx.htm
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...er=jessem%20fx

I did find a couple of gushing reviews:
http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/rfxrvu.html
http://www.woodworking.com/articles/...a=show&id=1259

I DAGS with only two hits here -- both by people considering getting one?
The last ISO info was posted 3 months ago so I thought I'd start the
info-trolling this time. Anyone get one for Xmas? Any hands-on reviews?
TIA. -- Igor

Rob Mitchell

igor wrote:
Anyone using a Jessem FX / Rockler FX router lift? Jessem makes them both
and the Rockler one has a smaller plate to fit its router tables.

http://www.jessem.com/rout_r_lift_fx.htm
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...er=jessem%20fx

I did find a couple of gushing reviews:
http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/rfxrvu.html
http://www.woodworking.com/articles/...a=show&id=1259

I DAGS with only two hits here -- both by people considering getting one?
The last ISO info was posted 3 months ago so I thought I'd start the
info-trolling this time. Anyone get one for Xmas? Any hands-on reviews?
TIA. -- Igor

I have one, bought it last summer. I thought I'd posted results, must
be getting forgetful.

The FX is a nice tool and mine works great, but I had 2 non-working ones
before I got this one.

On the first one, the aluminum pieces that grip the router were bent in
the area of the latch such that I thought that they might slip and let
the router go loose. Dealer replaced it 'no questions asked'. He
opened a couple more in the store for me to look at. The next one I
looked at had movement vertically (when it shouldn't have). Slop in the
bearings, or the shafts weren't tight to the plate. The third one was good.

When I got it home, I discovered that the holes for the leveling feet
were not drilled and tapped all the way through, and it was impossible
to put the set screws in. I contacted Jessem and they sent me some new
screws, gave me details on the thread and I tapped the holes.

Since then it is a joy to use. Definitely worth the money, and good
support from Jessem. You might want to buy from a local dealer if
possible to avoid having to return ship the unit if you get one that is
out of tolerance.

Anyone else notice these problems, or was I just lucky?

Rob

Mark Howell

I just got the March 2005 issue of American Woodworker,
where they have a review of 12 router lifts. The FX was one
of the recommended ones.

"igor" wrote in message
Anyone using a Jessem FX / Rockler FX router lift? Jessem makes them both
and the Rockler one has a smaller plate to fit its router tables.

http://www.jessem.com/rout_r_lift_fx.htm

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...er=jessem%20fx

I did find a couple of gushing reviews:
http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/rfxrvu.html
http://www.woodworking.com/articles/...a=show&id=1259

I DAGS with only two hits here -- both by people considering getting one?
The last ISO info was posted 3 months ago so I thought I'd start the
info-trolling this time. Anyone get one for Xmas? Any hands-on reviews?
TIA. -- Igor

Lars Stole

I have the Jessem FX (with a Makita 1101) in a Norm-style router table.
I love it, but I honestly have nothing to compare it to other than
hand adjusting the depth which was painfully slow. I can't think of
any way to improve the FX other than shortening the insertable crank
shaft an inch or so to make cranking slightly faster (I guess I could
just saw it off myself).

On a related note, I put my Makita in the table because it is very
quiet and I never liked its plunge mechanism; I use a Bosch for actual
plunge routing. The Makita, however, is slightly smaller than the
other router bodies (3.25" versus 3.5", I think), so if you go with
Makita, you are stuck forever. If you go with the larger (standard) FX
model, I wonder if you can simply add a rubber gasket and put a Makita
in it, preserving an option for later changing routers.