Default Inexpensive Router Lift?

Happy with mine!

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 17:36:21 -0000, HerHusband
wrote:

Anyone used the "Router Raizer"?

HerHusband

I have my router mounted to the underside of my portable workbench as a
crude router table. It works fine, but I would like to upgrade it a bit by
installing a router lift that would allow me to adjust the bit height from
above the table.

Are there any inexpensive ($50-$100) router lifts that are of decent
quality?

Anyone used the "Router Raizer"?

There's nothing fancy about my table, so I don't want to spend a fortune on
a lift...

Anthony
Bernard Randall

"HerHusband" wrote in message
I have my router mounted to the underside of my portable workbench as a
crude router table. It works fine, but I would like to upgrade it a bit by
installing a router lift that would allow me to adjust the bit height from
above the table.

Are there any inexpensive ($50-$100) router lifts that are of decent
quality?

Anyone used the "Router Raizer"?

There's nothing fancy about my table, so I don't want to spend a fortune

on
a lift...

Anthony

Check the thread 'Router Table' dated 3/30, two cheap self made lifts were
described there.

Bernard R

Dave Balderstone

In article , HerHusband
wrote:

I have my router mounted to the underside of my portable workbench as a
crude router table. It works fine, but I would like to upgrade it a bit by
installing a router lift that would allow me to adjust the bit height from
above the table.

Are there any inexpensive ($50-$100) router lifts that are of decent
quality?

Anyone used the "Router Raizer"?

There's nothing fancy about my table, so I don't want to spend a fortune on
a lift...

Somebody posted a couple of months back about a homemade lift using a
cheap scissors jack.

djb

--
Okay, so this is my new sig line, eh?
Tom Veatch

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 17:36:21 -0000, HerHusband wrote:

I have my router mounted to the underside of my portable workbench as a
crude router table. It works fine, but I would like to upgrade it a bit by
installing a router lift that would allow me to adjust the bit height from
above the table.

Are there any inexpensive ($50-$100) router lifts that are of decent
quality?

Anyone used the "Router Raizer"?

There's nothing fancy about my table, so I don't want to spend a fortune on
a lift...

Anthony

American Woodworker, #106, March 2004, page 38 describes a shop project for a router lift that the text states "costs less than
$100", but I'm sure that depends on what you might already have and what you'd have to buy. Their website calls that issue the
"February" issue, but the hardcopy is labled "March 2004".

The project is not in the "free" list of shop projects nor is that article listed in the "article index" section so if you don't
have access to that issue, this may not do you any good.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS USA

Pounds on Wood

The Router Raizer was one of the early commercial ones I think, and I bought
it pretty early on. In short, it does everything I ask or want. If you
have a plunge router I think you will be pleased. I particularly like the
fact that it is adjustable from either end of the lead screw, meaning you
can use it in a table and adjust from the top, or use it handheld and adjust
from the other top.

If there is a down side it is that assembling it into your router can be
complicated and include slight modification of your router.

--
********
Bill Pounds

"HerHusband" wrote in message
I have my router mounted to the underside of my portable workbench as a
crude router table. It works fine, but I would like to upgrade it a bit by
installing a router lift that would allow me to adjust the bit height from
above the table.

Are there any inexpensive ($50-$100) router lifts that are of decent
quality?

Anyone used the "Router Raizer"?

There's nothing fancy about my table, so I don't want to spend a fortune

on
a lift...

Anthony

Routerman P. Warner