mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Yeah, I was looking at their site already. Some great stuff! I'm
actually going to try to make the fence myself, but it's nice to have a
fallback in case my efforts turn out to be a total disaster.

Jack

WillR wrote:
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:

Okay, so I decided (based on encouragement from friends and strangers)
to build my own router table. I mean, how BAD could it be? (that'll
be yet another story for another day)

The first thing I do is start looking for a phenolic sheet to make my
router plate for the table. I found some at the Aircraft Spruce &
Specialty company. I planned on using a 3/4" piece so that I could
handle the heaviest of routers.

So I find that a 12"x12" 3/4" sheet would cost me $67 ... plus shipping!

Yikes! So I take another look at router plates and find a Jessem
Router Lift w/plate (3/4" phenolic) for $135 and free shipping!

So for $65 more, I get the plate, it's cut and ready-drilled for my
Bosch 1617, AND I get the Jessem 02302 router lift.

Somedays ... it feels good to spend money!

Jack

Sounds Like the way to go. :-)

For more ideas -- you might want to look here... Table system stuff.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...,43053&p=43885

And accessories of course.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...&cat=1&p=43000

Course then you would have to spend more money. :-))