Rick Cox

Default Delta Tenoning Jig 34-183 Question

I think I may be missisng something here....

I got a Delta tenoning Jig at an auction with the manual. The jig is
designed to ride in the left mitre slot. I have a Delta Left Tilt saw and
my Miter slot is further away from the blade and the jig will not adjust
close enough to the blade to be used. Is there a model for the Left tilt
saw?
Anyone have this jig on a Left tilt saw??

David

oops. that's for the 184.

David wrote:

read this: http://www.deltawoodworking.com/inde...e=180&p=840298

no(SPAM)vasys

Rick Cox wrote:
I think I may be missisng something here....

I got a Delta tenoning Jig at an auction with the manual. The jig is
designed to ride in the left mitre slot. I have a Delta Left Tilt saw and
my Miter slot is further away from the blade and the jig will not adjust
close enough to the blade to be used. Is there a model for the Left tilt
saw?
Anyone have this jig on a Left tilt saw??

For a left tilt saw you should be able to move the location of the miter
bar attached to the base of the jig.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)
Rick Cox

It is the 183
I appreciate the answers. I did notice the "left Tilt" portion in the
Manual.
I cant wait to go home and give it a try now.

Thanks again

"no(SPAM)vasys" wrote in message
Rick Cox wrote:
I think I may be missisng something here....

I got a Delta tenoning Jig at an auction with the manual. The jig is
designed to ride in the left mitre slot. I have a Delta Left Tilt saw
and my Miter slot is further away from the blade and the jig will not
adjust close enough to the blade to be used. Is there a model for the
Left tilt saw?
Anyone have this jig on a Left tilt saw??

For a left tilt saw you should be able to move the location of the miter
bar attached to the base of the jig.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)

John

The miter bar should be moveable to compensate for Right or Left tilt
saws. There should be an extra set of mounting holes that correspond
to correct setup for left tilt machines, as the jig comes pre-setup
for right tilt machines

John

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:12:36 GMT, "Rick Cox" wrote:

I think I may be missisng something here....

I got a Delta tenoning Jig at an auction with the manual. The jig is
designed to ride in the left mitre slot. I have a Delta Left Tilt saw and
my Miter slot is further away from the blade and the jig will not adjust
close enough to the blade to be used. Is there a model for the Left tilt
saw?
Anyone have this jig on a Left tilt saw??

jo4hn

John wrote:
The miter bar should be moveable to compensate for Right or Left tilt
saws. There should be an extra set of mounting holes that correspond
to correct setup for left tilt machines, as the jig comes pre-setup
for right tilt machines

John

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:12:36 GMT, "Rick Cox" wrote:

I think I may be missisng something here....

I got a Delta tenoning Jig at an auction with the manual. The jig is
designed to ride in the left mitre slot. I have a Delta Left Tilt saw and
my Miter slot is further away from the blade and the jig will not adjust
close enough to the blade to be used. Is there a model for the Left tilt
saw?
Anyone have this jig on a Left tilt saw??

I have one on a PM66. You indeed move the miter bar.
j4
Rick Cox

Well I got home and found out that it is acutally a 34-182. There were not
any additonal mounting holes.....the manual for this jig is dated 1992.
I tried to drill new holes for the miter, but the heads of the screws hit
the webbing on the underside of the top plate.

Looks like I need a newer version....anyone in columbus with a right tilt
saw??

Have a good evening.

Rick