Jeff and Jennifer Cook

Default Router Speed for Raised Panels

I am fixing to make some raised panels out of MDF and Oak, What router speed
does anyone recommend. I am using a verticle 1/2 bit. Should I alter the
speed with the grain as opposed to cross grain?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jeff

Suspect you can run at full speed, 18-24KRPM, if the tool is well
balanced and you're not burning wood.
Test on scrap and run at fastest speed that won't burn stock.
Take a .010" finish cut to trim off any scorching.
http://www.patwarner.com (Routers)