Ed's Stuff

Default Rubbed Varnish

I want to put a beautiful finish on an oak living room table. Thought I'd
try a rubbed finish, but being my first time I need your advice here.

Ed

dadiOH

Ed's Stuff wrote:
I want to put a beautiful finish on an oak living room table. Thought
I'd try a rubbed finish, but being my first time I need your advice
here.

Advice about what? Do it or not? How to do it?

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Ed's Stuff

Sorry. Yes, I need advice on how to do it.

Ed

Jeff Jewitt has some great books on how to do it. If you're in a hurry,
y ou could always DAGS (Do A Google Search) on hand rubbed finishes for
this group. You'll get plenty of info there, right down to the fine
points.
Good luck.

nospambob

www.homesteadfinishing.com search for "selecting a finish" or words
close to those. Rubbing varnish isn't often done because of witness
lines when the top layer is broken through. Lacquer or shellac melt
prior coats and don't have this problem and rub out well.

On Mon, 9 May 2005 22:59:48 -0600, "Ed's Stuff"
wrote:

I want to put a beautiful finish on an oak living room table. Thought I'd
try a rubbed finish, but being my first time I need your advice here.

Ed

Ed's Stuff

Hi
Here is an interesting site about finishing furniture

http://www.swingpaints.com/forum.asp

Ed

Varnish storage... bkr Woodworking 25 March 7th 05 07:29 PM
Varnish or Stain Frank Davis UK diy 13 June 7th 04 01:45 PM
Desperately need help: Woodstain over old Varnish won't dry! L Beck Woodworking 18 December 27th 03 07:32 PM
Desperately need help: Woodstain over old Varnish won't dry! George Watson Home Repair 1 December 27th 03 07:13 PM
Varnish Finish Failure Joe Nation Woodworking 4 November 26th 03 12:48 AM