SouthForkSam

Default ROS Recommendations

I am trying to decide between purchasing either the Bosch 3727devs and
the Ridgid R2610 (which is the same as the Metabo sxe450) 6" random
orbit sanders. Both have about the same price, very similar features
and construction, and both have good reviews.

Anyone have experience with them both enough to form a preference? Or
is there any defining feature or quality that makes one stand out?

Thanks,
Kevin

Stephen Henry

I haven't used the Bosch, but I just picked up the Ridgid R2610. It's
a well built unit, but heavy too. The 5 inch Makita will still see
plenty of use in my shop. I don't know about the Bosch, but the Ridgid
has two orbital settings. The 1/4 inch setting really takes the
material down, and the 1/8 leaves a nice clean finish. The dust
collection works very well too. I have it hooked up to my shop vac and
the pads stay very clean.

-Steve

--

BargainBirch.com
The Internet's lowest prices on Baltic Birch plywood
Jim Artherholt

SouthForkSam wrote:

I am trying to decide between purchasing either the Bosch 3727devs and
the Ridgid R2610 (which is the same as the Metabo sxe450) 6" random
orbit sanders. Both have about the same price, very similar features
and construction, and both have good reviews.

Anyone have experience with them both enough to form a preference? Or
is there any defining feature or quality that makes one stand out?

Thanks,
Kevin

I have the Bosch. It is a good sander. It removes wood quickly and is
reasonably well balanced. The self contained dust collection is good,
but some dust escapes. It really needs to be connected to a vacuum;,
however, the Bosch hose is not great. If stepped on, it crushes readily.

If I had it to do over again, I would gulp and get the Festool. It is
very low in vibration, very well balanced for single hand use (several
hand positions), and the dust collection hose is very sturdy, much
better than the Bosch. Very little dust escapes when connected to a
vacuum.

Jim Artherholt
Robatoy

In article . com,
"SouthForkSam" wrote:

I am trying to decide between purchasing either the Bosch 3727devs and
the Ridgid R2610 (which is the same as the Metabo sxe450) 6" random
orbit sanders. Both have about the same price, very similar features
and construction, and both have good reviews.

Anyone have experience with them both enough to form a preference? Or
is there any defining feature or quality that makes one stand out?

Thanks,
Kevin

People here are going to get sick of my harping about ROS sanders...but
here I go again.
The Ridgid 2610 is the best for the money. The Festool Rotex simply the
best.
I have both. The Rotex is less fatiguing in the long haul. The
availability for paper is better for the 6 x 6 Ridgid, but I use Abranet
screens, so I don't care about that.
I know nothing about the Bosch, but they usually don't miss much.