Default TRV replacement: recommendations?

Our Drayton TRVs have been installed for around 20 years now and some don't
seem to be as keen as they were.

Any recommendations for their replacement? Draytons (no particular model)
seem to have been mentioned on here, as have Danfoss (RAS-C?). Is either of
these significantly better than the other? Is there a third which I should
get in preference to either of these?

TIA.

Beware spamtrap - remove the negative
John Rumm

F wrote:

Our Drayton TRVs have been installed for around 20 years now and some don't
seem to be as keen as they were.

Any recommendations for their replacement? Draytons (no particular model)
seem to have been mentioned on here, as have Danfoss (RAS-C?). Is either of
these significantly better than the other? Is there a third which I should
get in preference to either of these?

Just fitted some Pegler ones tonight, they seem very well made and
designed (the pin valve assembly in particular looks less likely to jam
than many that I have seen)

Cheers,

John.

Christian McArdle

Our Drayton TRVs have been installed for around 20 years now and some
don't
seem to be as keen as they were.

I'm happy with my Invensys ones. However, you may find you can get
replacement heads for the Draytons with less tired capsules inside. That
way, you can replace the dry part only in about 15 seconds each without even
needing to drain down, or remove the valve.

Christian.

"Christian McArdle" wrote in
. net:

I'm happy with my Invensys ones. However, you may find you can get
replacement heads for the Draytons with less tired capsules inside.

Hadn't realised you could do that. I'll see what I can find although a
couple of the valves do stick closed once they've spent a few weeks like
that in summer.

Interested to see that Pegler and Invensys have been recommended, but not
Drayton or Danfoss which seem to have been previous favourites...

Beware spamtrap - remove the negative
Christian McArdle

Interested to see that Pegler and Invensys have been recommended, but not
Drayton or Danfoss which seem to have been previous favourites...

I'm sure the Draytons are excellent. They are also more expensive. However,
this is one area where you don't want to go for the supermarket special. The
more expensive makes do tend to last longer in this application.

Hadn't realised you could do that. I'll see what I can find although a
couple of the valves do stick closed once they've spent a few weeks like
that in summer.

Yes, it depends on the valve part being in good condition. Pressing the
spindle down a few times might free stuck ones. Otherwise, you'll have to
replace the whole lot.

Christian.

logized

"F" wrote in message
"Christian McArdle" wrote in
. net:

I'm happy with my Invensys ones. However, you may find you can get
replacement heads for the Draytons with less tired capsules inside.

Hadn't realised you could do that. I'll see what I can find although a
couple of the valves do stick closed once they've spent a few weeks like
that in summer.

Interested to see that Pegler and Invensys have been recommended, but not
Drayton or Danfoss which seem to have been previous favourites...

Beware spamtrap - remove the negative

Drayton is Invensys -
http://www.climate-eu.invensys.com/i...eu/default.asp

Dave

Christian McArdle

Drayton is Invensys -
http://www.climate-eu.invensys.com/i...eu/default.asp

Yes, but by "Drayton" people mean the "TRV4" and by Invensys, I meant what
they now call the "RT212". God knows who owned who when they were bought
out, but they certainly didn't say Drayton on them at the time, even if they
would now. It appears that they have placed the TRV4 as the flagship model,
with the RT212 as the economy version.

Christian.