Paul O.

Default Pocket hole jigs

Which model do you use and like? I'm looking at Rockler's, and they have
several. Thanks.

--
Paul O.

Greg O

"Paul O." wrote in message
Which model do you use and like? I'm looking at Rockler's, and they have
several. Thanks.

Kreg.
Take the leap and buy the K2000 for $125.
Greg

max

I went from a pocket holer machine (floor model) to the Kreg model you use
with a drill. I prefer the hand model. I bought the deluxe kit for around
$130
max

Which model do you use and like? I'm looking at Rockler's, and they have
several. Thanks.

Paul O.

"Greg O" wrote in message

"Paul O." wrote in message
Which model do you use and like? I'm looking at Rockler's, and they have
several. Thanks.

Kreg.
Take the leap and buy the K2000 for $125.
Greg

Well actually I had begun to consider the Kreg Rocket Jig for $59.99 at
Rockler, less my $10 gift card I got in the mail. $125 for the other one is
a bit stiff for now. Thanks.
--
Paul O.

jo4hn

Paul O. wrote:

Which model do you use and like? I'm looking at Rockler's, and they have
several. Thanks.

Pilot bit, wood screws, and eyeball.
j4
toller

the rocket works, but is slow and clumsy.

If that is all you can spend, maybe an off brand with the clamp.

Stephen Henry

Paul O. wrote:

Which model do you use and like? I'm looking at Rockler's, and they have
several. Thanks.

After being cheap for a while and using just the $20 Kreg mini jig I
bought the Kreg Pro Pack. I should have done it sooner. Much, much
sooner.

The Pro Pack includes the Mini Jig ($22 by itself) the Rocket ($60 by
itself) and then the large clamping base. ($100 by itself, without side
supports).

I guess it depends on how many holes you think you're going to make,
but using the clamping jig mounted to a plywood base has cut my time by
75% I'd say over using the smaller jig and clamping for each hole.

The Rocket is nice, and I use it on assembled pieces. If you really
can't swing the $125 for the Pro Pack get the Rocket. But get the Pro
Pack. You won't regret it.

-Steve

--

BargainBirch.com
The Internet's lowest prices on Baltic Birch plywood
speedbuggy

I own the kreg and it works great, no complaints.

HOWEVER, If I had do do it over again I would have bought the model that is
almost exactly like the kreg, but made/sold by TWC (the woodworkers choice).
It was $79 at the WW show for everything that it included in the kreg.
Instead of plastic, it was made from alum and it was adjustible. I looked at
their website and do not see it. I'm sure if you called them they would have
it.

"Paul O." wrote in message
Which model do you use and like? I'm looking at Rockler's, and they have
several. Thanks.

--
Paul O.

Woodcrafter

Which model do you use and like? I'm looking at Rockler's, and they have
several. Thanks.

Kreg K2000
Very nice kit. Had it for 2 years now and still love it.
Review http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/kregk2000.htm

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Latest 6 Reviews:
- WoodHaven Biscuit Master
- Veritas Saddle Square
- EZ Smart Guide System
- Ryobi EBS1310VK Belt Sander
- Incra V27 Miter Gauge
- GMC BJ110 Biscuit Joiner

Jeff Cooper

Paul O. wrote:
Which model do you use and like? I'm looking at Rockler's, and they have
several. Thanks.

I have two that I use depending on the job:

http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant...egory_Code=KRJ
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...85&filter=kreg

The Penn State jig is nice because it's made of AL and is very
adjustable. I use it when I'm putting pocket holes in face frames or
other small pieces. You also can't beat the price! However, the toggle
clamp that comes with it isn't a real 'vice grip' and feels really cheap.

The Kreg jig isn't as adjustable, but it works good on larger items that
don't fit nicely on the Penn State jig (i.e. cabinet cases). The toggle
clamp is a real 'vice grip' and feels nice.

Jeff