Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bob Martin

Default OT Inside spammers' heads?

in 1195402 20050404 191802 "foggytown" wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:
On 3 Apr 2005 13:10:06 -0700, Charlie Self

wrote:
Anyone have any insight--got a spam email offering low cost

software,
but the curious part, is that it was followed by "monkeying

hardware"
as part of the headline.

Is there some kind of reason for that, and other gibberish, that

these
halfwits spout?

They're trying to defeat bayesian filters by making the subject line
and message look less spammish. That's why some of the spam now has
excerpts of normal text at the end, or other techniques.

Death penalty for spammers. It's the best way.

And it's humane, too. Puts them out of their misery.

It's time for a new name. The spammers who fill my in-tray with offers
of wondrous things at least have the motive of personal gain. I can understand
and almost respect that. But the idiots who blitz a newsgroup with thousands
of rubbish posts are something quite different and should have their own label
(but I can't think of anything appropriate).