Charlie Self wrote:
Dave Hinz notes:
Hm. I put them in the same category as spyware advertisers, virus

writers, and microsoft developers. But I repeat myself.

I got a letter this morning from a woman writer in India, offering

me,
as editor (which I am not), her production. At 2 cents per word.

I don't know for sure it's spam, but I cannot imagine how she got my
name as an editor, unless she's grabbing lists from everywhere and
mailing off the same clip and resume to them all.

Spamming is so cheap (for the spammer that is) that it makes little
economic sense for spammers to narrowly target their spew.

The primary concern that spammers have when editing their lists
is to remove flamer, persons known to complain, especially if the
flamer's email address is on the spammers' host.

Want to know where your spam is coming from? Check out

http://www.spamhaus.org.

Check out the spammers hosted by Verizon and MCI.

News.admin.net-abuse.email is where spam, spammers, and anti-spam
get cussed and discussed.

--

FF