Dave Hinz

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 18:37:31 GMT, Bob Martin wrote:

It's time for a new name. The spammers who fill my in-tray with offers
of wondrous things at least have the motive of personal gain. I can understand
and almost respect that.

Hm. I put them in the same category as spyware advertisers, virus
writers, and microsoft developers. But I repeat myself.

But the idiots who blitz a newsgroup with thousands
of rubbish posts are something quite different and should have their own label
(but I can't think of anything appropriate).

Far as I know, it falls under "trolls" - a person who disrupts a group in
an effort to make it unusable and/or to get attention.