Leon

"TeamCasa" wrote in message
"Leon"
Yeah I gotta get an new saw. The 2 that I have blast me with a stream
of saw dust exhaust if you try to watch the cut.

Dave
Get the Bosch 1677xx or Skil Mag 77, you'll never use a toy sidewinder
again!

Leon I use my saw over my head and at eye level often. Would that be a
good choice?

Why anyone would run a circular saw overhead is a mystery to me, but if I
had to cut over my head, I would use the lightest saw I could find.
Dave

My partner and I do lotsa fences. Trimming posts to the same height puts
the saw above my head or at eye level and trimming pickets the length of the
fence even with the top rail so that another top tail can be added.

mogura

"Leon" wrote in message

"J" wrote in message
, SUPPORTED PIECE"

Because the picture in the owners manual shows someone holding it with
their
left hand?
I'm with you. It simply is NOT a problem to use it right handed in the
manner you describe.
Not unquestionable at all. Thousands of carpenters manage to do it this
way
all day every day.

It is certainly doable, just not the safest when your body is aligned with
the saw blade and you are observing the open side of the spinning blade.

The saw is to your right.

-j

TeamCasa

Leon said:
My partner and I do lotsa fences. Trimming posts to the same height puts
the saw above my head or at eye level and trimming pickets the length of
the fence even with the top rail so that another top tail can be added.

Oh. I would get the lighter Makita worm drive.
Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Swingman

"Leon" wrote in message

"Doug Miller" wrote in message

Man, I know _all_ about that. I'm right-handed, left-eyed. A few years
ago, I
missed a deer at about 25 *feet* away because I got excited, and sighted
with
the wrong eye. (Shotgun with open sights - my state doesn't allow
high-powered
rifles for deer hunting.)

Geeez LOL. I am surprised that your state lets YOU hunt. Missing a deer

at
25 feet with a shot gun? You shouldn'ta hadta even aimed. :~)

Hehe ... There should also be a law in Doug's state that he must post his
whereabouts during deer season. ;)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Doug Miller

In article , "Swingman" wrote:

"Leon" wrote in message

"Doug Miller" wrote in message

Man, I know _all_ about that. I'm right-handed, left-eyed. A few years
ago, I
missed a deer at about 25 *feet* away because I got excited, and sighted
with
the wrong eye. (Shotgun with open sights - my state doesn't allow
high-powered
rifles for deer hunting.)

Geeez LOL. I am surprised that your state lets YOU hunt. Missing a deer

at
25 feet with a shot gun? You shouldn'ta hadta even aimed. :~)

Hehe ... There should also be a law in Doug's state that he must post his
whereabouts during deer season. ;)

Yeah, yeah, yeah - if you've never, ever missed a deer because you got "buck
fever", then you've not done very much deer hunting.

--
Regards,

Swingman

"Doug Miller" wrote in message

Hehe ... There should also be a law in Doug's state that he must post his
whereabouts during deer season. ;)

Yeah, yeah, yeah - if you've never, ever missed a deer because you got

"buck
fever", then you've not done very much deer hunting.

At nine years of age I was left in a tree stand, in an abandoned cemetery at
dark thirty, with a .22 rifle and instructed to only shoot for the head ...
if I even saw a buck.

Even though my right leg was doing an uncontrollable dance by itself due to
the excitement the minute that six pointer walked into the graveyard at
dawn, I was the only one on that hunt that scored.

I've hunted at time or two ... and as you know, hunters like to rub it in a
bit. ;)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Leon

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
om...

Yeah, yeah, yeah - if you've never, ever missed a deer because you got
"buck
fever", then you've not done very much deer hunting.

Just ribbin you Doug. I do not know of any one in Texas that has not done
that. Trying to hold the gun still can be a real problem especially when
you are excited. Typically though I think we would actually poop our pants
if were able to get within 25 feet of a deer that was not been acclimated to
human contact or tied up. LOL

Doug Miller

In article , "Leon" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. com...

Yeah, yeah, yeah - if you've never, ever missed a deer because you got
"buck
fever", then you've not done very much deer hunting.

Just ribbin you Doug. I do not know of any one in Texas that has not done
that. Trying to hold the gun still can be a real problem especially when
you are excited. Typically though I think we would actually poop our pants
if were able to get within 25 feet of a deer that was not been acclimated to
human contact or tied up. LOL

*Twice* I've been within SIX FEET of a *monster* buck, and totally unable to
get a shot off.

The first time, I was bow-hunting at the edge of a field; he snuck up from
behind me. I saw him coming out of the corner of my eye and tried to turn
slowly but he saw the movement, so I froze. He walked up to only five or six
feet away and stood there staring at me and sniffing. I guess I must have
moved a bit too much for his liking, because he suddenly jumped and ran, and I
never saw him again.

The second time, I was hunting in an area that can be reached only by boat. I
used a canoe so as to make as little noise as possible. Paddled into a small
cove with a bit of a beach at the bottom of a five-foot-high bluff where the
woods begin. Beached the canoe. Need to relieve myself. Don't want to
pee in the lake, so I walked over to the base of the bluff. I had
_just_finished_ when I heard him coming. Then I saw him. Oh. My. Gosh. Huge,
absolutely huge. And less than five yards away. Guess where my gun was... five
steps away, in the canoe. Turned my back to him and just stood there. He
walked up _right_ behind me -- two feet at most, he's on the top of this
five-foot bluff, I'm standing at the bottom of it) and sniffed me over, then
just walked away as I stood there unarmed and unable to move.

--
Regards,

mac davis

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 06:41:20 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"Leon" wrote in message

"Doug Miller" wrote in message

Man, I know _all_ about that. I'm right-handed, left-eyed. A few years
ago, I
missed a deer at about 25 *feet* away because I got excited, and sighted
with
the wrong eye. (Shotgun with open sights - my state doesn't allow
high-powered
rifles for deer hunting.)

Geeez LOL. I am surprised that your state lets YOU hunt. Missing a deer

at
25 feet with a shot gun? You shouldn'ta hadta even aimed. :~)

Hehe ... There should also be a law in Doug's state that he must post his
whereabouts during deer season. ;)

and wear an eye patch over his right eye..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Unquestionably Confused

on 4/6/2005 12:22 PM USENET READER said the following:
It's interesting - places like HOme Depot won't stock the blade right
saws - they only have blade left, so I went to buy it at Sears.

But I have cut with both types of saws, and I prefer the blade right as
I am right handed.

Don't know about yours but I've seen both blade right and blade left at
the BORG I've visited.

If you order on-line you'll find a wide selection of both right and left
bladed, direct and worm drive saws by a variety of manufacturer's
Lawrence Wasserman

In article ,
Doug Miller wrote:
...snipped...
[...]

Whats the matter, you couldn't jump on him and break his neck?

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Doug Miller

In article , (Lawrence Wasserman) wrote:
In article ,
Doug Miller wrote:
...snipped...
The second time, I was hunting in an area that can be reached only by boat. I
used a canoe so as to make as little noise as possible. Paddled into a small
cove with a bit of a beach at the bottom of a five-foot-high bluff where the
woods begin. Beached the canoe.Need to relieve myself. Don't want to
pee in the lake, so I walked over to the base of the bluff. I had
_just_finished_ when I heard him coming. Then I saw him. Oh. My. Gosh. Huge,
absolutely huge. And less than five yards away. Guess where my gun was... five
steps away, in the canoe. Turned my back to him and just stood there. He
walked up _right_ behind me -- two feet at most, he's on the top of this
five-foot bluff, I'm standing at the bottom of it) and sniffed me over, then
just walked away as I stood there unarmed and unable to move.

Whats the matter, you couldn't jump on him and break his neck?

Didja note the part where I said he was at the *top* of a small bluff, and I
was at the *bottom* ? :-) Woulda been quite a prodigious leap, I tellya.
Atlhough now that you mention it, I mighta had enough adrenaline flowing to
manage it, if I had thought of it...

--
Regards,

I carried the old slug left handed too and caught one chunk of fired
brass in my tee-shirt neck (target right). I still have the burn scar
on my belly where it lodged. I was a bit too busy to yank my tee out
of my belt at the time!

Ah well, life is like that, it's all about priorities and survival is
the first priority, or pretty close to it.

Tom

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:52:41 -0700, mac davis
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:35:02 GMT, (Doug Miller) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

I had to qualify with all the rifles and assorted crap right handed in the
army.. never fired them that way for real, though..

I can imagine you might not have enjoyed that, depending on when you served.
My BIL is left-handed, and served 10+ years as active-duty Navy. He said that
when he went through basic, in the mid-70s, the M-16 ejected spent cartridges
back and to the right... right down his shirt collar. They're kinda hot, he
tells me. I understand that the weapon has since been modified with a guard
that prevents the spent shells from coming quite so far back.

The one that I really remember was the m-60 (light machine gun)
The Army, in all of it's wisdom, said that the weapon could not be fired left
handed, as the ejected brass would hit you in the eye..
I qualified expert, etc. right handed with a lot of practice..

I carried one for 5 or 6 months in Nam, left handed on an assault belt.. fired
several thousand rounds left handed and never got hit by any brass.. (at least
from MY gun *g*)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Scraper Plane Edge Prep B_Lerner Woodworking 10 March 25th 05 09:36 PM
Systi-Matic Glue Line Rip blade opinions / reviews Rob Ritch Woodworking 5 March 8th 05 11:18 PM
warped saw blade? GBannish Woodworking 3 January 11th 05 04:31 PM
Mini Review: Forrest WoodWorker II Blade Lacerates Arm to Bone Greg G. Woodworking 15 October 1st 04 05:02 PM