Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Credenza project

"mike hide" wrote in message
This is a crednza I completed recently .All file drawers are legal size,
using accuride full extension slides .Again the wood is black walnut and
the
inlays are tiger maple toned down pretty much.

The client ,one of the top sales agents for Harry Norman realtors in
Atlanta, ended up short changing me for $1500 on the final payment after
the
item had been delivered .

If he did that to me, I would take him to small claims court. I would also
picket his office till he paid. Nothing like a little public embarassment
to make them pay.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mike hide" wrote in
:

The client ,one of the top sales agents for Harry Norman realtors in
Atlanta, ended up short changing me for $1500 on the final payment
after the item had been delivered .

Beautiful work, as always.

You know, Mike, it's 99.99% of real estate agents that give the other .01%
a bad name. My sympathy, but not surprise, at your misfortune.

Scott
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mike hide" wrote in message

"Elrond Hubbard" wrote in message
.45...
"mike hide" wrote in
:

The client ,one of the top sales agents for Harry Norman realtors in
Atlanta, ended up short changing me for $1500 on the final payment
after the item had been delivered .

Beautiful work, as always.

You know, Mike, it's 99.99% of real estate agents that give the
other .01% a bad name. My sympathy, but not surprise, at your
misfortune.

Scott

Thanks Scott, It is they that have to live with it ,personally it
would irk me every time I saw the piece.......

I had a client that didn't want to pay me the balance on a job. They kept
putting me off and putting me off.
Finally, I had enough and took a day to collect. I went to their office
about 9:30am and told them I was there to pick up my check. The receptionist
said the owner wasn't there to sign a check and that i would have to come
back. I told them, No problem, I'll wait.
I had my lunch packed, so I sat down and waited and waited. I had alrady
checked with the PD and asked what they would do if called to remove me and
they told me it would be civil matter and do nothing but recommend that they
pay me. So about 6pm I was told they were closing and I would have to leave.
i told them I was going no where without a check and they could lock me in
there, but I wasn't leaving.
They threatened to call the cops and I told them go ahead and that I had
already spoke with them and told them that they said it was a civil matter.
Needless to say, about 7:30-8:00 someone miracliously came up with a check
and we all went home and that was the last job I did for that design
groupg
YMMV

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mike hide" wrote in message
Thanks Scott, It is they that have to live with it ,personally it would
irk
me every time I saw the piece.......

Yeah, but we're talking about a real estate sales person here. Only people
with moral and scruples would be bothered by it. He smiles at the good deal
he got.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

If he did that to me, I would take him to small claims court. I would also
picket his office till he paid. Nothing like a little public embarassment
to make them pay.

That would probably be a futile effort. Most realtors and used care
salesmen are hatched from the same egg.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote

Yeah, but we're talking about a real estate sales person here. Only
people with moral and scruples would be bothered by it. He smiles at the
good deal he got.

Few years back I got involved in a brouhaha at our local city council. The
idiots thought it would be a good idea to get "corporate sponsorship" for
the elementary school sign. A few of us clearer thinking folks fought it but
lost. The big shot realtor in the area, who was responsible for the idea in
the first place, won the bid, put up a brick monument to her company, just
shortly before she was indicted and found guilty of stealing appliances from
houses she was listing.

It was also about that time our major league facility was named "Enron
Field" .... nuff said.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

This is a crednza I completed recently .All file drawers are legal size,
using accuride full extension slides .Again the wood is black walnut and the
inlays are tiger maple toned down pretty much.

The client ,one of the top sales agents for Harry Norman realtors in
Atlanta, ended up short changing me for $1500 on the final payment after the
item had been delivered .

Attached Thumbnails
Credenza project-p1020795-jpg  Credenza project-p1020789-jpg  Credenza project-p1020794-jpg  Credenza project-p1020788-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 18:53:09 -0400, "mike hide"
wrote:

This is a crednza I completed recently .All file drawers are legal size,
using accuride full extension slides .Again the wood is black walnut and the
inlays are tiger maple toned down pretty much.

The client ,one of the top sales agents for Harry Norman realtors in
Atlanta, ended up short changing me for $1500 on the final payment after the
item had been delivered .

Why don't you send a quick message to the guys at The Consumerist? I
love that site. They always have tales of what they politely call
douchebagery.

http://www.consumerist.com

nice work by the way.

Chris

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mike,
Take your case to your local TV/radio station. Have them do an investigative
report and publicly embarrass the realtor, guess they will think it twice before
screwing (no pun intended) around with us woodworkers.

Ray
===

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mike hide" wrote in
:

This is a crednza I completed recently .All file drawers are legal
size, using accuride full extension slides .Again the wood is black
walnut and the inlays are tiger maple toned down pretty much.

The client ,one of the top sales agents for Harry Norman realtors in
Atlanta, ended up short changing me for $1500 on the final payment
after the item had been delivered .

Bruce Williams of talk radio fame says to take several small children with

ice cream cones, coloring books and other activities along when you want to
get some action. Then of course just tell them you will wait.