Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Teak buffet (credenza?) and hutch question

I have this beautiful teak buffet/credenza (I don't know the
difference) and hutch (display case) that was given to me by my parents
many years ago. It's really nice and I was hoping to sell it. Is there
anyone here that would be kind enough to let me know what it's worth?
I'll be taking a photo shortly, but it resembles this... (with a hutch
on top that isn't attached)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Danish-Modern-sid...cm dZViewItem

I just don't want to lose to much money or ask for too much...
Obviously the one on ebay is authentic and probably worth more.
I don't know anything about furniture styles, etc. Thanks... Any
help would be appreciated.
Just get back to me at and I will send you an
actual pic because I have to borrow somebody's digicam.
Jessica

Posted to rec.woodworking
No

"J" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have this beautiful teak buffet/credenza (I don't know the
difference) and hutch (display case) that was given to me by my parents
many years ago. It's really nice and I was hoping to sell it. Is there
anyone here that would be kind enough to let me know what it's worth?
I'll be taking a photo shortly, but it resembles this... (with a hutch
on top that isn't attached)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Danish-Modern-sid...cm dZViewItem

I just don't want to lose to much money or ask for too much...
Obviously the one on ebay is authentic and probably worth more.
I don't know anything about furniture styles, etc. Thanks... Any
help would be appreciated.
Just get back to me at and I will send you an
actual pic because I have to borrow somebody's digicam.
Jessica

Sorry for a flippant answer
begin flpppancy
The reality is that no one here can tell you and that something is only
worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.
/end flippancy
The second part of that is really true. People say I have this or that item
and its worth X. Ask them how they know that. Its worth ZERO if somone isn't
willing to pay for it.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jessica

I'm just trying to settle on an asking price

Posted to rec.woodworking
Chuck Taylor

On 26 Mar 2006 16:11:04 -0800, "J" wrote:

...was given to me....

I just don't want to lose to much money....

Eh?

--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact/
Posted to rec.woodworking
Jessica

God damnit. I don't want to ask $100 if it's worth $1000. Get it?

Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH

Jessica wrote:
God damnit. I don't want to ask $100 if it's worth $1000. Get it?

Tried pricing something similar at a store or online?

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking
Chuck Taylor

On 27 Mar 2006 14:06:38 -0800, "Jessica"
wrote:

God damnit.

Get it?

Yup.

Good luck.

--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact/
Posted to rec.woodworking
No

"Jessica" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm just trying to settle on an asking price

Whats it worth for you to not have the piece any more? E-bay is a pretty
pure market in many regards. People will pay only what they are willing to
pay, etc. if I remember the one on e-bay sold for about a grand. List yours
for a grand starting price and no reserve or set 1K as reserve starting
price $1. Make up a nice ad for e-bay, set your reserve at what price you
are willing to part with it at. Good luck