Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default old style corbels

Hello fellow woodworkers ,been watching some of your projects and admire the
style and quality of the work.Here is a pic of the type of woodwork I make
in Newfoundland .I hope this is not too many pics to post at one time on
your group.Hope you enjoy.

Attached Thumbnails
old style corbels-corbel-001-jpg  old style corbels-8-jpg  old style corbels-27-jpg  old style corbels-14-jpg  old style corbels-44-jpg

old style corbels-62-jpg  old style corbels-7-jpg  old style corbels-brackets-2-jpg  old style corbels-4ft-long-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

G wrote:
Hello fellow woodworkers ,been watching some of your projects and admire the
style and quality of the work.Here is a pic of the type of woodwork I make
in Newfoundland .I hope this is not too many pics to post at one time on
your group.Hope you enjoy.

That is beautiful work G. I especially like the detail in the 001 and 44
pics. Shows what you can do with a LOT of patience.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Wow! Like those a lot. I just finished the rough framing of a Victorian
Style House and they would go nicely there........
Lots of work..........jigs?
thanks for the pics.....
jloomis
"G" wrote in message
Hello fellow woodworkers ,been watching some of your projects and admire
the style and quality of the work.Here is a pic of the type of woodwork I
make in Newfoundland .I hope this is not too many pics to post at one time
on your group.Hope you enjoy.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hi and thanks for the positive replies.I do allot of reproductions for
vintage homes and sometimes I design around a theme that someone may have
..The corbels with the star cutouts was designed for a couple that met at a
Texaco station and the corbels with the Texas cutout was designed for a
ranch and it supports the range hood .I use allot of jigs especially when I
do the Victorian style porch trims and ball and stick.
"G" wrote in message
Hello fellow woodworkers ,been watching some of your projects and admire
the style and quality of the work.Here is a pic of the type of woodwork I
make in Newfoundland .I hope this is not too many pics to post at one
time on your group.Hope you enjoy.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Late to the thread - as usual - but MORE INFO PLEASE.

Waht's the wood?

Thickness of stock?

Doing most of the cutting out of shapes with a bandsaw?

Routing to final outline with a pattern bit and template then
chisels and files and sandpaper for the rest?

Glue used?

I really like the Texaco star connection - the type of thing
that makes the pieces priceless to the owners and their
sentimental value will increase with time.

What got you into carving? Did start with another type
of woodworking and then get into carving or the other
way around?

charlie b

Harajuku Style [email protected] UK diy 0 March 27th 07 11:30 AM
style willim Woodworking 0 September 8th 06 05:39 AM
old style rose bof UK diy 17 July 12th 06 07:39 PM
CFL RO 80 style Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 9 December 24th 05 04:19 PM
MK Sentry (old style) MCB Peter Andrews UK diy 7 January 30th 05 02:54 PM