Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof bof is offline

Default old style rose

Anyone know where I can get hold of a ceiling rose in this style:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/bofphoto/097f6fdb.jpg

I managed to break one readying the ceiling for skimming and would
really don't want to replace it with a modern style rose.

MTIA

--
Due to the very painful lack of quoting Google promotes, all Usenet
posts originating from Google users are now deleted unseen, this means
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
bof writes:

Anyone know where I can get hold of a ceiling rose in this style:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/bofphoto/097f6fdb.jpg

I managed to break one readying the ceiling for skimming and would
really don't want to replace it with a modern style rose.

They were used in my parent's house, built 1955,
although without the wooden backing in your picture,
and also used in their 1964 extension.
I suspect they're MK (all the rest of the original
fittings in that house were).

I did have some in the junk box, but alas, no more.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof bof is offline

In message , Owain
writes

Ebay

Thanks, and a D'oh from me, how could I not have thought of that?

--
Due to the very painful lack of quoting Google promotes, all Usenet
posts originating from Google users are now deleted unseen, this means
if you post from Google I won't see it. N.B. the preceding sig is
copyright free, feel free to copy it. == bof at bof dot me dot uk ==
Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof bof is offline

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article ,
bof writes:

Anyone know where I can get hold of a ceiling rose in this style:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/bofphoto/097f6fdb.jpg

I managed to break one readying the ceiling for skimming and would
really don't want to replace it with a modern style rose.

They were used in my parent's house, built 1955,
although without the wooden backing in your picture,
and also used in their 1964 extension.
I suspect they're MK (all the rest of the original
fittings in that house were).

Ta, I'm not really sure when these were put in, judging from the
artefacts I find under the floor boards etc. there were extensive
changes made in the mid 60's, so probably then, along with the effing
Artex and textured paint I'm getting rid of.

I did have some in the junk box, but alas, no more.

:-(

--
Due to the very painful lack of quoting Google promotes, all Usenet
posts originating from Google users are now deleted unseen, this means
if you post from Google I won't see it. N.B. the preceding sig is
copyright free, feel free to copy it. == bof at bof dot me dot uk ==
Posted to uk.d-i-y

bof wrote:
Anyone know where I can get hold of a ceiling rose in this style:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/bofphoto/097f6fdb.jpg

I managed to break one readying the ceiling for skimming and would
really don't want to replace it with a modern style rose.

MTIA

epoxy resin.

Due to the very painful lack of quoting Google promotes, all Usenet
posts originating from Google users are now deleted unseen, this means
if you post from Google I won't see it.

smart one

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

bof wrote:
In message , Owain
writes

Ebay

Thanks, and a D'oh from me, how could I not have thought of that?

I think I have actually seen new ones somewhere.

Its a wooden rose right? Otherwise car boot sales, reclaim yards, a mate
with a lathe..
Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof bof is offline

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
bof wrote:
In message , Owain
writes

Ebay

Thanks, and a D'oh from me, how could I not have thought of that?

I think I have actually seen new ones somewhere.

I you remember, please do post.

Its a wooden rose right? Otherwise car boot sales, reclaim yards, a
mate with a lathe..

It's plastic, the ceiling most piece maybe be wood, I haven't checked.
If push comes to shove I can move one from a less obvious location.

--
Due to the very painful lack of quoting Google promotes, all Usenet
posts originating from Google users are now deleted unseen, this means
if you post from Google I won't see it. N.B. the preceding sig is
copyright free, feel free to copy it. == bof at bof dot me dot uk ==
Posted to uk.d-i-y

bof wrote:
In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
bof wrote:
In message , Owain
writes

Ebay
Thanks, and a D'oh from me, how could I not have thought of that?

I think I have actually seen new ones somewhere.

I you remember, please do post.

Its a wooden rose right? Otherwise car boot sales, reclaim yards, a
mate with a lathe..

It's plastic, the ceiling most piece maybe be wood, I haven't checked.
If push comes to shove I can move one from a less obvious location.

Oh THOSE bloody things.

Any makeover premises, in the skip outside :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

bof wrote:
In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
bof wrote:
In message , Owain
writes

Ebay
Thanks, and a D'oh from me, how could I not have thought of that?

I think I have actually seen new ones somewhere.

I you remember, please do post.

Its a wooden rose right? Otherwise car boot sales, reclaim yards, a
mate with a lathe..

It's plastic, the ceiling most piece maybe be wood, I haven't checked.
If push comes to shove I can move one from a less obvious location.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FOUR-ORIGINAL-...QQcmdZViewItem

Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof bof is offline

In message . com,
sm_jamieson writes

wrote:
bof wrote:
Anyone know where I can get hold of a ceiling rose in this style:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/bofphoto/097f6fdb.jpg

I managed to break one readying the ceiling for skimming and would
really don't want to replace it with a modern style rose.

MTIA

epoxy resin.

Due to the very painful lack of quoting Google promotes, all Usenet
posts originating from Google users are now deleted unseen, this means
if you post from Google I won't see it.

smart one

Be like that then.
Doh ! You wont see this.

Except I kill the kill rule for threads I start here when asking
questions, it seems a little rude to do otherwise.

--
Due to the very painful lack of quoting Google promotes, all Usenet
posts originating from Google users are now deleted unseen, this means
if you post from Google I won't see it. N.B. the preceding sig is
copyright free, feel free to copy it. == bof at bof dot me dot uk ==
Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof bof is offline

In message , Lobster
writes
wrote:

bof wrote:

Due to the very painful lack of quoting Google promotes, all Usenet
posts originating from Google users are now deleted unseen, this means
if you post from Google I won't see it.

smart one

Not really, given that Google have fixed the problem of defaulting to
not including quoted text, some weeks ago.

I might try switching the kill rule off then, it's a shame I can't see a
way of just killing the non quoters.

--
Due to the very painful lack of quoting Google promotes, all Usenet
posts originating from Google users are now deleted unseen, this means
if you post from Google I won't see it. N.B. the preceding sig is
copyright free, feel free to copy it. == bof at bof dot me dot uk ==
Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof bof is offline

In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
bof wrote:
In message , The Natural
Philosopher writes
bof wrote:
In message , Owain
writes

Ebay
Thanks, and a D'oh from me, how could I not have thought of that?

I think I have actually seen new ones somewhere.

I you remember, please do post.

Its a wooden rose right? Otherwise car boot sales, reclaim yards, a
mate with a lathe..

It's plastic, the ceiling most piece maybe be wood, I haven't
checked. If push comes to shove I can move one from a less obvious
location.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FOUR-ORIGINAL-...-ROSES_W0QQite
mZ150007849424QQihZ005QQcategoryZ121472QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

ta

--
Due to the very painful lack of quoting Google promotes, all Usenet
posts originating from Google users are now deleted unseen, this means
if you post from Google I won't see it. N.B. the preceding sig is
copyright free, feel free to copy it. == bof at bof dot me dot uk ==

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Not really, given that Google have fixed the problem of defaulting to
not including quoted text, some weeks ago.

David

If thats so, note the post today, about haircutting, is out of thread and
appears to come from Google groups?. Its the the one from Chris.Homer.

Cheers

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gort wrote:
Not really, given that Google have fixed the problem of defaulting to
not including quoted text, some weeks ago.

If thats so, note the post today, about haircutting, is out of thread and
appears to come from Google groups?. Its the the one from Chris.Homer.

Well, I can see one post from at 11.29 today,
posted via Google; but why do you say it's out of thread? He seems to
have just stated a new thread AFAICS, nothing untoward (if OT!). Unless
I'm missing something...????

David