Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Steve

Default Best Leather furniture style store dealer

Looking for leather furniture?

It may help to know where NOT to go.

To make a short story shorter, I received furniture that was called
the same style as what I ordered but was not in fact the same style.
What was pictured on the site has contrasting stitching color that
gives the furniture a unique look, what I received was furniture
that had matching stitching color !!

You do not want to buy Leather furniture made by
Legacy Leather Inc of Canada (www.legacy-leather.com).

They picture on the web sites styles that you can choose and the style
that you receive will be different. They will not be held
accountable for false advertisement or
misleading consumers. You can read my story below to see the full
story.

you do not want to by from a company who operated under several names
in Texas:

Onlyleather.com
The Leather Shoppe
leathershoppes.com
Leather Furniture Shoppes
Jim Winkler, Jr
Owner/President
8900 Westheimer Rd @Fondren
Houston, Texas 77063
Toll Free 1.800.388.8127
713.785.2622 Direct 713.785.3424 Fax

The owner who signs his name Jim W. (and who will not identify the
owner or legal rep of the company) but whose REAL name is Jim Winkler
Jr. does not hold himself accountable for his actions either as you
will see when you read below.
what you are about to read is the worst nightmare imaginable in the
furniture manufacturing and dealer business.

And you will see that both believe that they can get away with blaming
each other as a way of "blowing smoke" around the real issues.
Curious that when you do a search on "Legacy Leather" on the net that
the first company that comes up is www.leathershoppes.com The mud
slinging between the manufacturer and the dealer
For the sole purpose of getting each other off the hook. The result
is the consumer is left hanging. Jim Winkler the dealer even had
the nerve to tell me to take my brand new furniture to someone and
have the thread dyed !!! He paid so little attention to the
problem that he failed to realize I should have received white thread
and the actual thread received was black and brown !!!

My advise to anyone considering putting their head in the tigers mouth
is to remember that there is charge card protection and that you can
use this to turn the tables upside down on criminals.

From Legacy Leather Inc (the manufacturer)

Hello Stephen:

I have read your comments below. Unfortunately, we consider this to be
strictly retail issue between your retailer and yourself.

Dealers are trained to understand the product they sell.
Unfortunately, this
is one of the drawbacks a consumer faces when they order the furniture
over
the Net.

I will urge you try an reach an amicable resolution with your
retailer. As
far as Legacy is concerned we have manufactured a product which was to
specifications, which also underwent quality inspections and was
shipped as
required by the retailer.

We cannot be of much assistance in this matter.

Inayat Vasta
Comptroller