Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Kitchen stool.... Finished! (1 of 2)

Some of you may remember this kitchen stool that I started last summer.
It's been sitting in the shop corner waiting for glue and finish since last
October, so I figured I'd throw some finish at it for it's birthday. Red
oak and maple with General Finishes Arm-R-Seal. 28" tall x 12" wide x 13"
long .

-MJ

Attached Thumbnails
Kitchen stool.... Finished! (1 of 2)-stool06-jpg  Kitchen stool.... Finished! (1 of 2)-stool01-jpg  Kitchen stool.... Finished! (1 of 2)-stool02-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 00:13:13 -0500, "Mark Johnson"

I like it!
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

That's kinda bizarre - can we get a shot of someone sitting on it?

B.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 19:12:05 -0400, "Buddy Matlosz"
wrote:

That's kinda bizarre - can we get a shot of someone sitting on it?

Sit?

Think "reach top shelf"...
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

That's kinda bizarre - can we get a shot of someone sitting on it?

Sit?

Think "reach top shelf"...

How is it as far as stability when standing on it?

Looks cool, just curious about the physics of the thing.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 20:10:12 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

Looks cool, just curious about the physics of the thing.

I would imagine that one wouldn't stand above the second step.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

That's kinda bizarre - can we get a shot of someone sitting on it?

Sit?

Think "reach top shelf"...

How is it as far as stability when standing on it?

Looks cool, just curious about the physics of the thing.

I was wondering the same...
Would be nice to have something to sit/stand on, but the base looked a bit
small/narrow/whatever..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"B a r r y" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 00:13:13 -0500, "Mark Johnson"
wrote:

I like it!

Thanks!

-MJ

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

That's kinda bizarre - can we get a shot of someone sitting on it?

Sit?

Think "reach top shelf"...

Exactly. The kids can wash their hands, and SWMBO can reach the top shelf.
It also functions as a tall seat for short-term kitchen stuff. It's not the
most comfortable seat for any length of time, but I could always add padding
and upholstery if it gets that much use.

-MJ

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

That's kinda bizarre - can we get a shot of someone sitting on it?

Sit?

Think "reach top shelf"...

How is it as far as stability when standing on it?

Looks cool, just curious about the physics of the thing.

I wouldn't want to stand on the seat, but standing on the step keeps your
weight over the foot so it should be stable enough. I would have liked to
make the foot a few inches longer in the front, but the piece I selected had
an unseen void near the end that I had to cut back. It also pushes up flush
against the base cabinets when used as a step, so tipping really shouldn't
be an issue.

-MJ

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In article ,
"Mark Johnson" wrote:

Some of you may remember this kitchen stool that I started last summer.
It's been sitting in the shop corner waiting for glue and finish since last
October, so I figured I'd throw some finish at it for it's birthday. Red
oak and maple with General Finishes Arm-R-Seal. 28" tall x 12" wide x 13"
long .

-MJ

Are there plans for this somewhere? Looks interesting. Does it sit well?
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Rob" wrote in message
In article ,
"Mark Johnson" wrote:

Some of you may remember this kitchen stool that I started last summer.
It's been sitting in the shop corner waiting for glue and finish since
last
October, so I figured I'd throw some finish at it for it's birthday. Red
oak and maple with General Finishes Arm-R-Seal. 28" tall x 12" wide x 13"
long .

-MJ

Are there plans for this somewhere? Looks interesting. Does it sit well?

Plans? I used Autocad to figure the angle and massing, but other than that
it was mostly on the fly.

-MJ

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Ya know Mark...
I think this stool is just so cool.
(too cool for a stool?)
It looks like it would topple if you sat on it but I know that's not true. I
love the way it seems so out of balance that it's balanced.

So... how is it to sit on?

K.

"Mark Johnson" wrote in message
. ..
Some of you may remember this kitchen stool that I started last summer.
It's been sitting in the shop corner waiting for glue and finish since last
October, so I figured I'd throw some finish at it for it's birthday. Red
oak and maple with General Finishes Arm-R-Seal. 28" tall x 12" wide x 13"
long .

-MJ

Yet Another Step Stool Stoutman Woodworking 16 May 20th 07 09:17 PM
MILKING STOOL - ? J T Woodworking 1 May 1st 07 04:56 PM
STOOL J T Woodworking 0 December 18th 05 05:47 PM
Kitchen Finally finished [email protected] UK diy 9 November 1st 05 10:14 PM
New shop open, my first workbench is finished, just not finished... JC Woodworking 8 May 31st 05 02:02 AM