DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kitchen stool.... Finished! (1 of 2) (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/215968-kitchen-stool-finished-1-2-a.html)

Mark Johnson September 29th 07 06:13 AM

Kitchen stool.... Finished! (1 of 2)

3 Attachment(s)
Some of you may remember this kitchen stool that I started last summer.
It's been sitting in the shop corner waiting for glue and finish since last
October, so I figured I'd throw some finish at it for it's birthday. Red
oak and maple with General Finishes Arm-R-Seal. 28" tall x 12" wide x 13"
long .

-MJ

B a r r y September 29th 07 11:33 AM

Kitchen stool.... Finished! (1 of 2)

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 00:13:13 -0500, "Mark Johnson"

I like it!

Buddy Matlosz September 30th 07 12:12 AM

Kitchen stool.... Finished! (1 of 2)

That's kinda bizarre - can we get a shot of someone sitting on it?

B.

B a r r y September 30th 07 12:36 AM

Kitchen stool.... Finished! (1 of 2)

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 19:12:05 -0400, "Buddy Matlosz"
wrote:

That's kinda bizarre - can we get a shot of someone sitting on it?

Sit?

Think "reach top shelf"...

Mark & Juanita September 30th 07 04:10 AM

wrote:

That's kinda bizarre - can we get a shot of someone sitting on it?

Sit?

Think "reach top shelf"...

How is it as far as stability when standing on it?

Looks cool, just curious about the physics of the thing.

B a r r y September 30th 07 12:10 PM

Kitchen stool.... Finished! (1 of 2)

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 20:10:12 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

Looks cool, just curious about the physics of the thing.

I would imagine that one wouldn't stand above the second step.

mac davis September 30th 07 03:22 PM

wrote:

That's kinda bizarre - can we get a shot of someone sitting on it?

Sit?

Think "reach top shelf"...

How is it as far as stability when standing on it?

Looks cool, just curious about the physics of the thing.

I was wondering the same...
Would be nice to have something to sit/stand on, but the base looked a bit
small/narrow/whatever..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Mark Johnson September 30th 07 05:15 PM

"B a r r y" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 00:13:13 -0500, "Mark Johnson"
wrote:

I like it!

Thanks!

-MJ

Mark Johnson September 30th 07 05:16 PM

wrote:

That's kinda bizarre - can we get a shot of someone sitting on it?

Sit?

Think "reach top shelf"...

Exactly. The kids can wash their hands, and SWMBO can reach the top shelf.
It also functions as a tall seat for short-term kitchen stuff. It's not the
most comfortable seat for any length of time, but I could always add padding
and upholstery if it gets that much use.

-MJ

Mark Johnson September 30th 07 05:16 PM

wrote:

That's kinda bizarre - can we get a shot of someone sitting on it?

Sit?

Think "reach top shelf"...

How is it as far as stability when standing on it?

Looks cool, just curious about the physics of the thing.

I wouldn't want to stand on the seat, but standing on the step keeps your
weight over the foot so it should be stable enough. I would have liked to
make the foot a few inches longer in the front, but the piece I selected had
an unseen void near the end that I had to cut back. It also pushes up flush
against the base cabinets when used as a step, so tipping really shouldn't
be an issue.

-MJ

Rob[_5_] October 3rd 07 02:28 AM

Kitchen stool.... Finished! (1 of 2)

In article ,
"Mark Johnson" wrote:

Some of you may remember this kitchen stool that I started last summer.
It's been sitting in the shop corner waiting for glue and finish since last
October, so I figured I'd throw some finish at it for it's birthday. Red
oak and maple with General Finishes Arm-R-Seal. 28" tall x 12" wide x 13"
long .

-MJ

Are there plans for this somewhere? Looks interesting. Does it sit well?

Mark Johnson October 4th 07 01:33 AM

Kitchen stool.... Finished! (1 of 2)

"Rob" wrote in message
In article ,
"Mark Johnson" wrote:

Some of you may remember this kitchen stool that I started last summer.
It's been sitting in the shop corner waiting for glue and finish since
last
October, so I figured I'd throw some finish at it for it's birthday. Red
oak and maple with General Finishes Arm-R-Seal. 28" tall x 12" wide x 13"
long .

-MJ

Are there plans for this somewhere? Looks interesting. Does it sit well?

Plans? I used Autocad to figure the angle and massing, but other than that
it was mostly on the fly.

-MJ

Kate October 6th 07 07:27 PM

Kitchen stool.... Finished! (1 of 2)

Ya know Mark...
I think this stool is just so cool.
(too cool for a stool?)
It looks like it would topple if you sat on it but I know that's not true. I
love the way it seems so out of balance that it's balanced.

So... how is it to sit on?

K.

. ..