Default Kitchen Finally finished

Haven't posted for a while, but I just wanted to say thank you to the
group for the help in fitting my kitchen. I raised questions on beams,
gas pipes, electrics, damp, drilling holes in ceiling for downlighters
and tiling. Along with the answers I received and generally keeping up
to date with the group I have learnt a tremendous amount and I am sure
I have saved a lot of money and done a better job.

I finally finished the kitchen this weekend, with a tiny bit of
painting and the edging of the units with stick on wood effect stuff.
It's only taken 18months, which of course has not impressed SWMBO! (Has
anyone taken longer? I'm sure I'm not alone)
If you are interested here are some during and after pictures. One
thing I learnt, is to make sure you take pictures before you start,
rather than 2 weeks into the job.

http://tinyurl.com/a2tv9
http://tinyurl.com/e26tu
http://tinyurl.com/bqehd
http://tinyurl.com/aqk9g

I bought the kitchen from Wickes and was very impressed with the
quality and service. Everything was included in the original order and
it arrived on time. I also phoned up for some plinth clips 13 months
after placing the order and they sent more immediately, no questions
asked.

Baz

Well Done That Man.
Very Slick, you should be very proud.
Want to come and finish mine.
Baz

Dave Baker

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Cracking job that man. Looks very nice I just hope I can do my own so
well but most of it is beyond me to be honest and I'll probably have to rely
on friends who are better at DIY.
--
Dave Baker

RzB

Congrats - 18months - that's excellent in my books :-)
But are you really, really sure it's complete - is there not
just that one last very small bit to finish off...

I have just started our kitchen refurb (however workshop
refurb also on the go at the same time - and that takes
priority!) and will most certainly be using some of your posts..

It's all the peripheral stuff that takes the time isn't it...
In our case, new boiler, new consumer unit, strip and replace
ceiling, knock wall down between kitchen and dining room,
open new door apperture, close old door apertures, take up
and renew floor, re plaster, re wire etc etc...

Then the easy bit - fit the units!!!!

Glad to hear you found Wickes to be good - I'm leaning
that way too.

BTW - My "financial controller" insists she has been waiting
for 17 years for the new kitchen.. Grosss exageration .. pah...

Roy

Séan Connolly

http://tinyurl.com/a2tv9

LOL! for a second there I thought you were posting pictures of my kitchen:

http://tinyurl.com/c8wbz

Well done, looks fantastic now

Séan

Member

Angry

[quote=The Natural Philosopher] wrote:

[...]

That is horribly spooky as i am just finishing the same job and the units , worktop and tiles look very similar! You also put the dishwasher at the end of a run. I got my units from Ikea and bought off the website a dishwasher "unit". (actually it was just for the door but you have a look!)
Put all the units in , doors on and started ordering appliances. Realised all dishwashers are free standing so i have a unit that has to come out. Not difficult but my wife did not want any overhang of the worktop so now i have a 60 cm gap and no room for an end panel to finish the run as the dishwasher will be flush with the end of the worktop.
All i can think is to avoid ripping out the sink and getting new top is to shuffle top along and gain a few mm. and prop up with an end panel. Bugger!

Freddy
RzB

Ahhh... No not quite... we are at 36 years now
so that would be about 19 years adrift.. :-)

We weren't that late with our honeymoon!!!

Roy