Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Yet Another Step Stool

Made another step stool using the same design from a previous step stool
(side template).

This one was for my Mom for Mothers day. She saw the one I made from cherry
and wanted one ever since. I made hers is made from sapele.
I think it is time to retire this design.

Last one down:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/projectspage2.htm

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message
Made another step stool using the same design from a previous step stool
(side template).

This one was for my Mom for Mothers day. She saw the one I made from

cherry
and wanted one ever since. I made hers is made from sapele.
I think it is time to retire this design.

Last one down:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/projectspage2.htm

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

Was that your own design,or is there a plan somewhere for it ?
Thanks Tony

Posted to rec.woodworking

Was that your own design,or is there a plan somewhere for it ?
Thanks Tony

That is a GarageWoodworks original!

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

Was that your own design,or is there a plan somewhere for it ?
Thanks Tony

If you really need a plan, there's one that's quite similar in a book
called "The Complete Book of Woodworking: Detailed Plans for More Than
40 Fabulous Projects". (Available through Amazon, http://tinyurl.com/ywgymk)
Hhere's a picture of one I built using this plan (my first woodworking
project, actually) - the front stretchers on mine are curved, while
they're more angular in the book, but other than that the design is
very similar to the one in the book.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/andyne...e2.jpg&.src=ph
If you do use plywood for the sides, I'd strongly recommend using
baltic birch instead of the regular home center stuff; mine are edge-
banded on the visible surfaces.
And Stoutman, great job - nice looking stool; I'm sure your mom will
love it!
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

And Stoutman, great job - nice looking stool; I'm sure your mom will
love it!
Andy

Thank you.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Not 'til I get a chance to copy it!

Mighty fine ... I really like the departure from the ubiquitous "3/4"
stock"
look of your stools.

Thank you.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message
That is a GarageWoodworks original!

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

Nice Job, I like the cherry one.
Tony

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nice Job, I like the cherry one.
Tony

Thank you. I like the cherry one more too, but don't tell my Mom.

I intended to make hers from cherry also, but the guy at the lumber yard
talked me into sapele.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
If you really need a plan, there's one that's quite similar in a book
called "The Complete Book of Woodworking: Detailed Plans for More Than
40 Fabulous Projects". (Available through Amazon,

http://tinyurl.com/ywgymk)
Hhere's a picture of one I built using this plan (my first woodworking
project, actually) - the front stretchers on mine are curved, while
they're more angular in the book, but other than that the design is
very similar to the one in the book.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/andyne...e2.jpg&.src=ph
If you do use plywood for the sides, I'd strongly recommend using
baltic birch instead of the regular home center stuff; mine are edge-
banded on the visible surfaces.
And Stoutman, great job - nice looking stool; I'm sure your mom will
love it!

Thanks Andy,
I'm sure I could "cobble together" something like it ",
I'm just lazy sometimes........LOL
Tony

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hhere's a picture of one I built using this plan (my first woodworking
project, actually) - the front stretchers on mine are curved, while
they're more angular in the book, but other than that the design is
very similar to the one in the book.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/andyne...e2.jpg&.src=ph

Nice job on yours too Andy,
I like the 2 tone look
Is that 2 different wood types or just different stain?
Tony

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 20, 12:50 pm, "ANTHONY DIODATI"
wrote:

oups.com... Hhere's a picture of one I built using this plan (my first woodworking

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/andyne...5fe2re2&.dnm=b...

Nice job on yours too Andy,
I like the 2 tone look
Is that 2 different wood types or just different stain?
Tony

Thanks - it was really a happy accident that it came out looking as
good as it did. I used baltic birch ply for the sides and stretchers,
birch edgebanding, and reclaimed wormy chestnut (lightly stained,
because I didn't know any better at the time) for the steps. Whole
thing is finished with poly gel.
Glad you like it,
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Andy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks - it was really a happy accident that it came out looking as

good as it did. I used baltic birch ply for the sides and stretchers,
birch edgebanding, and reclaimed wormy chestnut (lightly stained,
because I didn't know any better at the time) for the steps. Whole
thing is finished with poly gel.
Glad you like it,
Andy
Snip

Cool,worked out well.

reminds me of the time I used blond shellac on the chimney cupboard I built,
with out testing on scrap 1st.
wasn't really the look I was after, but it turned out well(enough)
Tony

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message
Was that your own design,or is there a plan somewhere for it ?
Thanks Tony

That is a GarageWoodworks original!

You could probably sell the plans for free. JOAT could be your sales
agent.

Posted to rec.woodworking

That is a GarageWoodworks original!

You could probably sell the plans for free. JOAT could be your sales
agent.

Not a bad idea. I could give him 5% of the sales for my free plans. Hmmm.
I might retire sooner than I thought!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 20 May 2007 19:09:10 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

You could probably sell the plans for free. JOAT could be your sales
agent.

With easy ordering via email!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Stoutman" wrote in message
That is a GarageWoodworks original!

You could probably sell the plans for free. JOAT could be your sales
agent.

Not a bad idea. I could give him 5% of the sales for my free plans.
Hmmm. I might retire sooner than I thought!

Be careful there, he may paint them yellow!!

Step Stool Project Rocky Woodworking 3 February 27th 07 02:33 AM
child's step stool and chair R. Pierce Butler Woodworking 0 September 5th 06 12:00 PM
Another step stool Stoutman Woodworking 3 July 19th 06 10:50 PM
New Step Stool Stoutman Woodworking 18 July 18th 06 02:36 AM
Small Step Stool With Folding Legs Butler Hinges? Alan Smithee Woodworking 1 August 31st 05 09:45 PM