Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Another step stool

I made another step stool from cherry scrap with the intention of selling it
(e-bay or yard sale item). I have NEVER sold any of my work before. How
much would you sell this thing for? Roughly 6 hours of work.

It is very similar to another step stool I made with the exception of the
sides.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/cherry_step_stool.htm

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

Stoutman wrote:

I made another step stool from cherry scrap with the intention of selling
it
(e-bay or yard sale item). I have NEVER sold any of my work before. How
much would you sell this thing for? Roughly 6 hours of work.

It is very similar to another step stool I made with the exception of the
sides.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/cherry_step_stool.htm

You can approach ebay by putting it up for a buck and see how the bidding
goes or put it up for a thousand and see if you have any takers. If it
sells for a thousand you've got a new market beckoning, if it sells for a
dollar-ten then maybe it's not time to quite the day job.

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

Stoutman wrote:
I made another step stool from cherry scrap with the intention of selling it
(e-bay or yard sale item). I have NEVER sold any of my work before. How
much would you sell this thing for? Roughly 6 hours of work.

Well, you can search ebay to see what comparable items have sold for,
and what good keywords to put in your title are. I imagine "solid
wood", "cherry" would be good.

Really, if it was me, I'd start it at 99 cents and see what happens.
You only have 6 hours into it. I've always started all my auctions at
99 cents. It gets more people watching, because they think there are
getting a bargain. If you start it at $50 or $100, you risk turning off
a lot of people. Ironically, I saw an auction that started at $200 with
no bids. It relisted with a $1 start and ended up selling for over
$200. Seen it happen many times.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 22:44:45 GMT, "Stoutman" .@. wrote:

I made another step stool from cherry scrap with the intention of selling it
(e-bay or yard sale item). I have NEVER sold any of my work before. How
much would you sell this thing for? Roughly 6 hours of work.

It is very similar to another step stool I made with the exception of the
sides.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/cherry_step_stool.htm

Looks good!

The posters above did not provide an opinion on price. Maybe their
method is the best way to go. But if not, I would say $350 is a good
price.

Garbage disposal stuck tenplay Home Repair 16 August 13th 18 03:47 PM
New Step Stool Stoutman Woodworking 18 July 18th 06 02:36 AM
Adding Brick Step [email protected] Home Repair 4 February 10th 06 03:20 AM
Small Step Stool With Folding Legs Butler Hinges? Alan Smithee Woodworking 1 August 31st 05 09:45 PM
OT- just couldn't stay away wallster Metalworking 21 December 26th 04 06:57 AM