wallster

Default OT- just couldn't stay away

hey guys! back in October I left the group because of all the
non-metalworking posts that i felt was ruining this metalworking ng. I have
to admit that I have been lurking around recently and have read some good
stuff. I sent an email to Gunner apologizing to him regarding my rant
because he caught alot of crap after it, and i wasn't pointing the finger at
him when i wrote it. I was just tired of the bickering between the left and
the right from every media outlet available. This was an area I could turn
to enjoy my passion for metalworking and it was here too (ARGH!). I've
decided to stop being a big baby and come back and add to the forum again.
Maybe nobody really gives a rats ass whether I'm back or not but I thought I
would make it "official" by sending out a little note.
There, that's it, now back the metalworking stuff... as you were.
Merry Christmas everybody!

walt
ps. I launched a new website with some motorcycle stuff (and metalworking
too) because the last geocities site was constantly being shut down if it
got busy. visit http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com and sign the guestbook.

Old Nick

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 08:39:15 -0500, "wallster"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

hcnchnchncch! Addict! Enough of the grovelling self-justification.

Admit it! the group is worth the crap! The crap _IS_ the group!
Without the "crap" the group would die.

This not because the carp is anything to do with the topic, but
because you will not get LIFE from dead people.

Ignore what you want. people post what you don't want. LIFE.

hey guys! back in October I left the group because of all the

wallster

"Old Nick" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 08:39:15 -0500, "wallster"
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

"hcnchnchncch!" how DARE you say that to me! ; )
I do like the atmosphere... it's like a boys club for degenerate
metalworkers.

walt

Bernd

--------------------
snip --------------------------------------------------
ps. I launched a new website with some motorcycle stuff (and
metalworking too) because the last geocities site was constantly being
shut down if it got busy. visit http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com and
sign the guestbook.

Welcome back Walt. Had the same feelings you did but stuck it out since
I figured it would calm down ever the elections.
Checked out your new web site. Great job, nice pics. Will have to go
back and sign your guestbook.

From a metal-wood worker east of you by about 50 miles.

Bernd

Gunner

wrote:

[...]

Welcome back Walt!

Now you know you are addicted, both to metalworking and this newsgroup

Gunner

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best
wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible,
low-stress, nonaddictive, gender-neutral celebration of the
winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable
traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or the
secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious
or secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their
choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

May you have a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and
medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the
generally accepted calendar year 2005, but not without due
respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose
contributions to society have helped make the world great, and
without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability,
religious faith, political belief, choice of computer platform,
or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting you are accepting these terms. This
greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely
transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It
implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of
the wishes for herself or himself or others, is void where
prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of
the wisher. This wish is under warranty to perform as expected
within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one
year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting,
whichever comes first, and the warranty is limited to
replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole
discretion of the wisher.
Ed Huntress

"Old Nick" wrote in message

Admit it! the group is worth the crap! The crap _IS_ the group!
Without the "crap" the group would die.

This not because the carp is anything to do with the topic, but
because you will not get LIFE from dead people.

I'm going to think about this one real hard, Nick. Somehow, carp bring the
dead back to life? This isn't the old "throw away the carp and eat the
plank" joke, is it?

You have a good subject for an article there. Try Gourmet Magazine. g

Ed Huntress

wallster

"Gunner" wrote in message

Welcome back Walt!

Now you know you are addicted, both to metalworking and this newsgroup

Gunner
snipped

i wonder if there's a ten step program for this?

walt

Tim Wescott

Gunner wrote:

[...]

Hey, if I transfer it freely and you subsequently revoke it, am I under
an obligation to revoke the transferred greeting?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
Tim Wescott

Gunner wrote:

[...]

Winter solstice? WINTER solstice? You insensitive clod! What about
all the aussies and kiwis? And for that matter those guys on the
international space station, who experience an entirely different solar
calender?

Such political insensitivity is very unbecoming you know. You might as
well have said "Merry Christmas" without being much more in the wrong!

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Larry Jaques

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:46:57 -0500, "wallster"
calmly ranted:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

Welcome back Walt!

Now you know you are addicted, both to metalworking and this newsgroup

Gunner
snipped

i wonder if there's a ten step program for this?

Those don't work. Look for a 12-step program instead, Walt.

--
"Most Folks Are As Happy As They Make Up Their Minds To Be"
-Abraham Lincoln

Glenn Lyford

i wonder if there's a ten step program for this?
Those don't work. Look for a 12-step program instead, Walt.

1. Buy a welder.
2. Buy a lathe.
3. Buy a milling machine.
4. Buy tooling.
5. Beg, borrow, or steal raw materials.
..
..
..
12. Spend too much time in the shop to ask questions.

Personally, I'm working on #3. :^)
--Glenn Lyford

Glenn Lyford

visit http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com

Ugh! Kill the flash and scrollers, PLEASE!

Other than that, looks OK.
--Glenn Lyford

wallster

"Glenn Lyford" wrote in message
. ..
visit http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com

Ugh! Kill the flash and scrollers, PLEASE!

Other than that, looks OK.
--Glenn Lyford

hehehehe... pimpy!

walt

Sunworshipper

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 16:47:17 -0500, "wallster"
wrote:

"Glenn Lyford" wrote in message
visit http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com

Ugh! Kill the flash and scrollers, PLEASE!

Other than that, looks OK.
--Glenn Lyford

hehehehe... pimpy!

walt

Is that like bling ? I had to ask a teenager what that was. I
figured it was like being a nerd with the bell on a bicycle , bling
bling bling.

At least slow it down.

Larry Jaques

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 16:47:17 -0500, "wallster"
calmly ranted:

"Glenn Lyford" wrote in message
visit http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com

Ugh! Kill the flash and scrollers, PLEASE!

Other than that, looks OK.
--Glenn Lyford

hehehehe... pimpy!

Well, that AMF/Hardly with _whitewalls_ looks bloody pimpy
if anything does. =:-0

* Scattered Showers My Ass! * Insightful Advertising Copy
* --Noah * http://www.diversify.com

Old Nick

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:43:39 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

"Old Nick" wrote in message
.. .

Admit it! the group is worth the crap! The crap _IS_ the group!
Without the "crap" the group would die.

This not because the carp is anything to do with the topic, but
because you will not get LIFE from dead people.

I'm going to think about this one real hard, Nick. Somehow, carp bring the
dead back to life? This isn't the old "throw away the carp and eat the
plank" joke, is it?

You have a good subject for an article there. Try Gourmet Magazine. g

Yeah Yeah! Saw that and waited....G

Something to do with "give a man a fish" or whatever?

Actually.........

Definition: carp
[v] raise trivial objections

GG

Old Nick

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 16:54:42 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Said well as only Old Nick could!

Wot? With the typo, you mena?
DoN. Nichols

In article ,
wallster wrote:

"Glenn Lyford" wrote in message
visit http://www.wallys-speed-shop.com

Ugh! Kill the flash and scrollers, PLEASE!

Other than that, looks OK.
--Glenn Lyford

*Is* there anything other than the flash? I will not install
flash -- after having some security problems with it a few years ago,
and having to jump through hoops to pull it back out of my browser at
the time.

What *I* see on the page is two large blocks which would have
had the Flash in them if I had allowed it, and to the left two pair of
dice which appear to have rolled once (I limit the play-throughs of
animations), and well below that dark gray text on black background
(nearly invisible) with no signs of active links anywhere. Is that
information in the flash? If so, you have limited the number of people
who can get anything from your page.

Merry Christmas, anyway,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Gunner

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:46:57 -0500, "wallster"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

Welcome back Walt!

Now you know you are addicted, both to metalworking and this newsgroup

Gunner
snipped

i wonder if there's a ten step program for this?

walt

Ayup..there is..and thats exactly what got most of us into this mess

First it was a screwdriver and a loose screw, then a window needed a
new screen, and then the wife wanted some plant hangers........

[...]

HaroldA102

Something slowed down i cannot get any reaction to my post caps. or punks.

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:46:57 -0500, "wallster"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

Welcome back Walt!

Now you know you are addicted, both to metalworking and this newsgroup

Walt wrote

i wonder if there's a ten step program for this?

Yes

Step 1
Buy hammer, hacksaw & file

Step 2
Sell hacksaw, buy bandsaw

Step 3
Realise that filing is hard work, so buy mill

Step 4
A mill cannot easily make round thingies, so buy lathe

Step 5
Blunt tools don't work too well, buy grinder

Step 6
Thingies need to be stuck together, so buy welder

Step 7
Welds need smoothing, buy angle grinder

Step 8
Mill is not large enough, buy bigger

Step 9
Lathe is not large enough, buy bigger

Step 10
Realise you NEED many more tools

You are addicted - go to

Step 11 Larger workshop

Step 2

Step 2

Step 2

Step 2

Step 2

Alan
in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz, South 32.25.42, East 115.45.44 GMT+8
VK6 YAB ICQ 6581610 to reply, change oz to au in address