Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
tc

Default portable duct collector performance

I have a VERY small shop, with little space for me, let alone a dust
collection unit. I've been using a shop vac, but it's really loud.

I've seen the "portable" dust collectors out there (look like an
oversized leaf blower on wheels. I'm interested in anyone has used
one, and if so, how they worked out, how loud they are, etc.

I have a lathe (jet mini), a 12" bandsaw, and a compund miter saw to
generate dust. All are pretty close together, so I think the easiest
thing to do would be to have a (flexible?) hose coming off the
collector, and just plug it into whatever tool I'm using (with the
appropriate adapter attached to the tool)

Any thoughts?