TDUP

I cut a 4" hole in mine by the upper top right portion of the door,
hooked up my dust collector and put another small hole at the bottom
left in the door for air to be sucked in and across the door. It gets
rid of 90%. Works very well. There is never any dust left inside the
machine.

Tim

wrote:
Most bandsaws come woefully underequipped to collect their own dust,
with a port under the table near the blade but with far too much room
around the port, allowing dust to go elsewhere no matter what kind of
dust collector you use. I have seen something cobbled up with a piece
of 4" PVC cut on a taper type angle such that the open side faces the
blade, said to work better than the stock one. Also, some people
drill/cut a 4" hole in the lower door, near center bottom, and install
a 4" fitting for a DC hose, the theory being most dust tries to follow
the blade. I would think some connection of these two solutions with a
Y connector would be most effective.