Keith Young

Default Best Face Mask?

Hi

I,ve tried several face masks ( Dust ) but have yet to find one that i can
wear thats comfortable and effective. The best one ( Yellow with twin
filters ) seems to restrict my breathing. Hospital masks even when the metal
on the nose is pinched seem to be not effective for dust filtering either..
Suggestions Please!

Keith
Newfoundland
Canada
A1N 4W8

Darrell Feltmate

Keith
I tried those paper masks and they are really disposable. In fact, they
should be disposed of before being used. Now I use a dual filter mask with
NIOSH approval for dust and vapors. I am not sure of the brand and I have a
half hour or more of shovelling to reach the shop. The mask is good for
finish work as well as for sanding dust.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

Junior Member

Location: Hagerstown, MD

I like the Trend Airshield... and www.allprotools.com has it on sale right now for only $219 a great price... it is a positive pressure air system that really keeps the dust out even with my beard and is comfortable to use.. the battery lasts about 4 hours and is rechargeable...
John

Take a look at the Moldex EZ-on
http://www.gemplers.com/a/shop/produ...05788328441 I saw a good review on it in FWW. I planning on giving it a try because thereviewer said it did not cause his glasses to fog like most do and I havethe same problem.John"Keith Young" wrote in ... Hi I,ve tried several face masks ( Dust ) but have yet to find one that i canwear thats comfortable and effective. The best one ( Yellow with twinfilters ) seems to restrict my breathing. Hospital masks even when the metalon the nose is pinched seem to be not effective for dust filtering either.. Suggestions Please! Keith Newfoundland Canada A1N 4W8

Bill Day

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:43:45 -0500, "John"
wrote:

Take a look at the Moldex EZ-on
http://www.gemplers.com/a/shop/produ...05788328441 I saw a good review on it in FWW. I planning on giving it a try because thereviewer said it did not cause his glasses to fog like most do and I havethe same problem.John"Keith Young" wrote in ... Hi I,ve tried several face masks ( Dust ) but have yet to find one that i canwear thats comfortable and effective. The best one ( Yellow with twinfilters ) seems to restrict my breathing. Hospital masks even when the metalon the nose is pinched seem to be not effective for dust filtering either.. Suggestions Please! Keith Newfoundland Canada A1N 4W8

Moldex makes several levels of mask with same basic design... I use
one that costs about $5 US, which has only two rubber straps , stapled
on, but fits the face and has the breathing valve. With care, one will
last me several weeks. .....but it depends on how rough you are or how
long you are in the shop.

Here is another model http://www.safetycentral.com/apn95prremaw.html

I find them at a distributor that supplies industrial finishes..(paint
and lacquer...etc.)
Walt & Jenne Ahlgrim

look for something like this
http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/e...er/output_html

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 06:40:02 -0330, "Keith Young"
wrote:

Hi

I,ve tried several face masks ( Dust ) but have yet to find one that i can
wear thats comfortable and effective. The best one ( Yellow with twin
filters ) seems to restrict my breathing. Hospital masks even when the metal
on the nose is pinched seem to be not effective for dust filtering either..
Suggestions Please!

Keith
Newfoundland
Canada
A1N 4W8

Sympatico News

I have a Triton air mask which incorporates ear muffs, hard hat, face shield
and powered air filtration. It uses a washable prefilter and two replaceable
cartridge filters which are housed with the blower in the belt pack. It
filters particulates but not organic fumes ( the volitiles from many
finishing materials). They are going to be carried by Canadian Tire shortly.

I got mine from Galbraith Enterprises, and have
been very pleased with their service.

Frank