x071907

Default Does The 3M Woodworking Dusk Mask Irritate Your Throat?

I wanted to put this question on the rec to find out if anyone has
been experiencing the same issue with the 3M 8511, N95 dusk mask for
woodworking & sanding. Over the past couple of months I have been
working in the garage alot and wearing the dusk mask mentioned above.
During this time period I have been experiencing an irritation in my
troat. The feeling I get is like I have a dry spot on my throat that
doesn't go away after I drink alot of water. I stopped wearing the
mask for a couple of days and the symptoms went away. Just today I
had to sand something and I put the dust mask on for 30 minutes or so.
Sure enough I had the same symptoms again.

Does anyone else have the same issues with this dusk mask?
Joe Bobst

Does anyone else have the same issues with this dusk mask?

3M Customer Service might like to hear about this, Give them a call.

Joe

m Ransley

Im sure the dust is getting past the mask .Wear it without working and
see .
You really need a better mask.

Throat of Fireplace Cracked - Danger? Billy Home Repair 2 January 16th 04 06:48 PM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Is there a FAQ? Neil Woods Woodworking 4 August 21st 03 05:46 PM
SF Bay Area Woodworking Open House Jeff Woodworking 1 August 3rd 03 12:10 AM