Arch

Default A COC has some grinchy questions for the holidays

Well tis the season for turning quick & easy last minute gifts for
stuffing stockings. Also it's time once again for your COC/grinch to
raise the ever-loving perennial questions re safe turning and safe
turnings that keep on hurting:

1. Are there internationally agreed upon safe sizes of things infants &
small children or pets like to swallow? What is the diameter of the
cylinder that is used as a go-no go measure for rattles, etc.
Do captured rings on baby rattles really break into pieces ready for
swallowing?

2. How about those tall narrow base candlesticks around all that holiday
wrapping paper? Can they change a warm glow into a hot conflagration?
Does a slug of lead or steel bar to weigh down the base of a narrow
candlestick make a better billy club than a stable flame holder?

3. Can a tipsy guest woodturner at your party drill a concentrically
straight hole into his palm by slamming a minaret style stopper into
your bottle of Thunderbird?

4. I really hate to revive all those moribund questions re the dangers
of partially cured gnaw-safe finishes, but I reckon I better.

5. Don't those broken jack straws, icicles,
arrows, finials, and so many other objects make really sharp weapons?
Children seem to prefer them to the original toys.

6. Are pop-guns, throwing tops, dibbers and boomerangs held harmless by
the victim's parents .....and their attorney?

7. Well, you see my point... or fire. or
asphyxiation....or whatever rains on your holiday parade.

8. To end on an unhappy note of discouragement; a sharp bowl edge
revolving at 1000 rpm can cut your pinkie to the bone.

9, Pay attention! it's not April Fool's day.

10. Happy Holidays to all and to each a good turn.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

George

1) http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pubs/toy_sfy.html

2) I make filled bases for tall candles, but it's not going to help against
a hit high up. Leverage again.

3) Anyone who'd drink T-Bird could do anything. Comes with a screw-on lid -
leave it that way.

4) If you can't digest it, it comes to pass. If you can't smell it, you
probably can't digest it.
21CFR175.300 Lists resinous and polymeric coatings safe as "indirect food
additives."

5) Yep.

6) Nothing is too low for an attorney.

7) Yep.

8) If it catches the nail on your pinkie even at 500, it can tear it loose
halfway down. DAMHIKT

9) Noted.

10) OK, now what do I do to replace the presents I turned for Susan's
co-workers that turned out so nice even _she_ doesn't want to give them out?

"Arch" wrote in message
Well tis the season for turning quick & easy last minute gifts for
stuffing stockings. Also it's time once again for your COC/grinch to
raise the ever-loving perennial questions re safe turning and safe
turnings that keep on hurting:

Leo Van Der Loo

Hello Arch

Yes it's those things of "I know what i'm doing, I've done this a
thousand times".

Two sons 4 1/2 grand kids two wives and in-laws all coming home for the
holidays, I'll need eye's everywhere, but love to have them home again.

Happy holidays to you and all, have fun, do take care.

Leo Van Der Loo

Arch wrote:

Well tis the season for turning quick & easy last minute gifts for
stuffing stockings. Also it's time once again for your COC/grinch to
raise the ever-loving perennial questions re safe turning and safe
turnings that keep on hurting:
snip/
Pay attention! it's not April Fool's day.
/snip
Happy Holidays to all and to each a good turn.

Turn to Safety, Arch Fortiter

Owen Lowe

In article ,
Leo Van Der Loo wrote:

Two sons 4 1/2 grand kids two wives and in-laws all coming home for the
holidays, I'll need eye's everywhere, but love to have them home again.

Two wives? I don't know whether to offer a high-5 and "Attaboy!" or
shake my head and just "Poor *******." The 1/2 a grand kid has me a
little grossed out I must admit.

Happies and Merries all around to you and yours and I hope you find the
other half of that kid.

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long
Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Owen

Thanks Owen, Someone around here refers to it (the half) as the bump G.
2 wives?, No thanks, one is more than enough for me.
As for finding the other half it'll take a few months yet, and we are
eager for that.
Happiness and good health, also to you and yours

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Owen Lowe wrote:
In article ,
Leo Van Der Loo wrote:

Two sons 4 1/2 grand kids two wives and in-laws all coming home for the
holidays, I'll need eye's everywhere, but love to have them home again.

Two wives? I don't know whether to offer a high-5 and "Attaboy!" or
shake my head and just "Poor *******." The 1/2 a grand kid has me a
little grossed out I must admit.

Happies and Merries all around to you and yours and I hope you find the
other half of that kid.

Owen Lowe

In article ,
Leo Van Der Loo wrote:

Thanks Owen, Someone around here refers to it (the half) as the bump G.

Ah I see. (So when you wrote G you really meant PG.) Might Santa
might be delivering that little someone for the holidays?
Congradulations Grandpa.

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long