Arch

Default A COC has some grinchy questions for the holidays

Well tis the season for turning quick & easy last minute gifts for
stuffing stockings. Also it's time once again for your COC/grinch to
raise the ever-loving perennial questions re safe turning and safe
turnings that keep on hurting:

1. Are there internationally agreed upon safe sizes of things infants &
small children or pets like to swallow? What is the diameter of the
cylinder that is used as a go-no go measure for rattles, etc.
Do captured rings on baby rattles really break into pieces ready for
swallowing?

2. How about those tall narrow base candlesticks around all that holiday
wrapping paper? Can they change a warm glow into a hot conflagration?
Does a slug of lead or steel bar to weigh down the base of a narrow
candlestick make a better billy club than a stable flame holder?

3. Can a tipsy guest woodturner at your party drill a concentrically
straight hole into his palm by slamming a minaret style stopper into
your bottle of Thunderbird?

4. I really hate to revive all those moribund questions re the dangers
of partially cured gnaw-safe finishes, but I reckon I better.

5. Don't those broken jack straws, icicles,
arrows, finials, and so many other objects make really sharp weapons?
Children seem to prefer them to the original toys.

6. Are pop-guns, throwing tops, dibbers and boomerangs held harmless by
the victim's parents .....and their attorney?

7. Well, you see my point... or fire. or
asphyxiation....or whatever rains on your holiday parade.

8. To end on an unhappy note of discouragement; a sharp bowl edge
revolving at 1000 rpm can cut your pinkie to the bone.

9, Pay attention! it's not April Fool's day.

10. Happy Holidays to all and to each a good turn.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter