Owen Lowe

Default Has Arch Bailed?

With the tributes and memorials to D-Day occurring in France I'm
wondering if Arch boarded a troop transport and bailed out over Normandy
for ol'time's sake. Wouldn't surprise me one bit...

(I'm a youngster at 42 and the more I learn about D-Day, the more
awestruck I am at the enormity of the whole and touched by the
courageousness of each.)
Ray Sandusky

Owen

I have not seen Arch around here in a few weeks - maybe he did go back for
the memorials - if so, I offer him and all others who served my heartfelt
thanks. We, who came of age between the wars - Viet Nam and Gulf War - can
only imagine what it means to serve and fight for the freedom of our fellow
citizens. So, I can only say thanks and pray that the people who serve are
honored and held in esteem for their sacrifice.

Arch - et. al. - Thank you!

Ray

"Owen Lowe" wrote in message
news
With the tributes and memorials to D-Day occurring in France I'm
wondering if Arch boarded a troop transport and bailed out over Normandy
for ol'time's sake. Wouldn't surprise me one bit...

(I'm a youngster at 42 and the more I learn about D-Day, the more
awestruck I am at the enormity of the whole and touched by the
courageousness of each.)

Arch

I am usually a private person and not given to maudlin posts, but I am
uncomfortable allowing a sail under false colors. I hope you all will
forgive these personal comments posted to a woodturning forum. I served
safely in a stateside military hospital. I owe as much as the rest of
you to others who saved us on D-day. Not forgetting the Remagen bridge,
the Bulge, N. Africa, S. Asia, Italy and so many more places of sad
honor.
Also for Brits, Canadians, Aussies and other real heros. The U.S. gave
me a lot more than I gave it. My wife was a Navy Nurse, and the GI bill
allowed her to return to and graduate from Harvard College and me to
finish the Penn. graduate school of medicine.

I've been trying to give you guys a bit of a rest, but It's not easy for
a COC to refrain from a comment now & then. I couldn't accept
unearned accolades, thus this self-serving post, Now let's all get back
to what's important: catches, tool marks & gentle fibbing . Regards,
Arch

Fortiter,

Ken Moon

"Leif Thorvaldson" wrote in message
I reached out an touched Arch and found that he is basically well, but his
wife has some back problems and he gave vent to the marvelous American
medical coverage that is available -- NOT! Anyway, seems a temporary
hiatus and I am sure the Muser of the Group will soon be back titillating
our noodles with his "Musings with Arch."

Leif

===================================
Now that we have uncovered Arch, does anyone know what has happened to Ruth
Niles??

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX

Harry B. Pye

Now that we have uncovered Arch, does anyone know what has happened to
Ruth
Niles??

She posted a picture of a plate on WOW just a few days ago.

Fred Hatton

Harry B. Pye wrote:
Now that we have uncovered Arch, does anyone know what has happened to

Ruth

Niles??

She posted a picture of a plate on WOW just a few days ago.

She is alive and well and on her way to Provo.
Suppose to be bringing me back to buckets of insperastion.

Fred & Grace Hatton
Hawley, Pa.

Tony Manella

I had an email from her yesterday. She switched over to a computer from
that web TV thingy and hasn't figured out how to configure outlook express
for newsgroups yet. She also dislikes reading and posting from google.
Tony Manella
ndd1"at"prolog.net (remove "at")
http://home.ptd.net/~ndd1/
Lehigh Valley Woodturners
http://www.lehighvalleywoodturners.com/

"Harry B. Pye" wrote in message
groups.com...
Now that we have uncovered Arch, does anyone know what has happened to

Ruth
Niles??

She posted a picture of a plate on WOW just a few days ago.

Owen Lowe

In article ,
(Arch) wrote:

I am usually a private person and not given to maudlin posts, but I am
uncomfortable allowing a sail under false colors. I hope you all will
forgive these personal comments posted to a woodturning forum. I served
safely in a stateside military hospital. I owe as much as the rest of
you to others who saved us on D-day. Not forgetting the Remagen bridge,
the Bulge, N. Africa, S. Asia, Italy and so many more places of sad
honor.
Also for Brits, Canadians, Aussies and other real heros. The U.S. gave
me a lot more than I gave it. My wife was a Navy Nurse, and the GI bill
allowed her to return to and graduate from Harvard College and me to
finish the Penn. graduate school of medicine.

Well Arch, if you and your wife weren't serving where you were then
someone from closer to the fighting would have had to take your place.

I've been trying to give you guys a bit of a rest, but It's not easy for
a COC to refrain from a comment now & then. I couldn't accept
unearned accolades, thus this self-serving post, Now let's all get back
to what's important: catches, tool marks & gentle fibbing .

Well, I was tickled to think of our COC jumping from a plane and giving
all around you a hell of a time.

I just took in a small two-day demo by Jean Francois Escoulen this week
- hosted by my local AAW chapter. While I don't plan on doing any
eccentric turnings in the near future, Escoulen was informative,
entertaining and inspiring. (I believe I'll be adding the Bedan to my
tool bag.) His French accented English was usually the source for much
self-ribbing humor. A well-spent two days.
Sympatico News

Perhaps this will help her with the configuration.

1. Click on "Tools | Accounts"
2. Select the "News" tab.
3. Click the "Add" button and select "News"
4. The wizard will ask for three things:

a. The name of the service, can be anything.
b. E-Mail address, this is the e-mail address that appears in the "Reply
To:"
field when you post, many people use a fake to cut down on spam; and
c. The NNTP server, this is the address or name of the news server
its normally something like news.ispname.com. The ISP she goes through
will tell her this.

5. After that a folder labelled "news.ispname.com" or whatever will appear
with
the e-mail folders

6. Click on it then click on the "Newsgroups" button
7. Double click on any newsgroups you want to select.
8. Each selected newsgroup appears as a folder under the news server name.

Frank

Making an arch in plasterboard wall Glenn Robinson UK diy 6 April 12th 04 09:32 AM
As long as Arch is Elsewhere George Woodturning 26 February 6th 04 11:10 AM
Doorway or arch height Mark B UK diy 1 October 30th 03 05:42 PM
consructing a Door Arch n.townend UK diy 3 July 8th 03 11:53 AM
Creating an Arch in a door frame Neil Townend UK diy 1 July 6th 03 10:06 AM