n.townend

Default consructing a Door Arch

I am in the process of erecting a new internal door frame in an existing
wall and would like to create an arch effect but I am stuck as to how I
might attempt this. if anyone has ideas could you please mail me at

thx
Neil Townend

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"n.townend" writes:
I am in the process of erecting a new internal door frame in an existing
wall and would like to create an arch effect but I am stuck as to how I
might attempt this.

You buy preformed arch pieces (anywhere which sells plastering
materials) which you plaster over. Make sure you fix them in place
with galvanised screws or nails, of you can get rush patches showing
through decorations after a while in theory.

if anyone has ideas could you please mail me at

Newsgroups don't work that way, sorry.

--
Andrew Gabriel
N. Thornton

"n.townend" wrote in message ...
I am in the process of erecting a new internal door frame in an existing
wall and would like to create an arch effect but I am stuck as to how I
might attempt this. if anyone has ideas could you please mail me at

thx
Neil Townend

Hi

Usual method is to get some hardboard, and nail it in place, then
plaster above it/onto it to make your plaster arch. Remove hardboard
and finish off. The hardboard just controls the underside of the arch.

Regards, NT